Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: F- Site Six!

Havasu Hangin'
    I guess my first clue to get the hell away from that posessed ramp came when I couldn't make that tight turn (the one that only bass boats can make)...and I screwed up my rims going over the curb.
    Then...the water is so low, that as I'm backing down, the damn drop off high-centers my trailer so I slam on the brakes. Did I stop?
    No!
    The boat boat continues to pull my trailer (dragging) and truck (all four wheels locked up) into the water. Luckily, when the boat floated, my truck stopped sliding.
    I don't even want to talk about getting it out of the water... :eat:

MUDXPRT
    I have a Chevy crewcab long bed pulling a 270 Hallett and my wife has never had a problem making that turn.

Havasu Hangin'
    I was tempted to go to the Marina...but I figured the 4 wheel drive would pull through.
    I had to back the trailer down so far, that I hit something (rocks) at the end, and took out three of my new LEDs (along with smashing up the fender).
    Then...all i could get the truck to do was smoke all four tires- it wouldn't get up the dropoff. Then, when I let off the gas, the damn boat would drag the truck back down the ramp- even with all four locked up!
    F- Site Six.

Kilrtoy
    Sorry to hear this, no good. I have been there, lucky not that bad....

Havasu Hangin'
    I have a Chevy crewcab long bed pulling a 270 Hallett and my wife has never had a problem making that turn.
    My trailer is 43 feet from end to end. Jimmy used to tell me that he always launched his 42 Formula there with no problems, so I thought I'd give it a try.
    I forgot that he used to back down the exit.
    F- Site Six.

mike37
    did you have the sight six trailer trash cheer teem there giving you inspiration

Man-de-lone
    Damn HH that sucks. :frown: Karma is a bitch, huh.
    No pics?

Jordy
    Damn HH, you're a braver soul than I am. I launched my 19' there once and hated it. Wouldn't even think about kicking the 30' out there. That sucks.

Havasu Hangin'
    did you have the sight six trailer trash cheer teem there giving you inspiration
    Actually...they all helped. The only way I got it out was to take the weight distributing hitch off, sand under the tires, and four guys on the running boards.
    I was shocked...but they were all helpful. I really f'ed up the ramp, because when all four tires were spinning, the truck floatted sideways, and blocked the whole damn (posessed) ramp.
    F- Site Six.

OutCole'd
    Damn, I've never used that ramp, guess I won't even try.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast