Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motor Pull W/Carb Plate>>>

HammerDown
    So my friend wants to pull my BBC & Bellhousing out of my boat, with my Aluminum Intake, with his carb plate! For some reason I'm a little worried about the Aluminum threads pulling out of the Intake eek! and the motor droping cry ...
    Has anyone ever pulled a 750+Lb. motor out with a carb plate and Aluminum Intake?
    [ April 12, 2003, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

Kindsvater Flat
    I have seen it done yet I have never done it. It makes me nervous. I always go back to the heads.

Maxey
    I have used a "carb plate" twice to pull a 502 BBC. I was nervous, as you are, but it worked fine. I would
    reccomend a quality billet plate.

sanger mike
    I second K FLAT go to the heads. if those studs pulled out you would be burningm and cry cry

DansBlown73Nordic
    I have used a plate with the studs without any problems. If you ever took any metallergical courses you wouldn't believe the strength of a couple 1/4 bolts.

HammerDown
    Thanks for the replys...a little nervous...yes.
    Dan it's not the 1/4" bolts I'm worried about, it's the Aluminum threads in the Intake that has me thinking.

Infomaniac
    Make sure the 5/16 bolts are threaded in as far as they can go. Use all 4 of them and make sure the plate is tight. It works.
    I bolt a chain to the heads myself.
    [ April 12, 2003, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

lovemyultra
    I have done it on a complete 460 several times,just make sure it is tight and the bolts are threaded all the way down.The plate is conveniant if you feel better put a safety chain on the heads just in case GOOD LUCK DJ

LeE ss13
    It seems like every Super Stock Circle Boat race I've been to, someone changes an engine. They all seem to use the carb plate deal. Last weekend was no exception. Dave B. in SS91 swapped out a motor between rounds.

BAF#276
    dont trust the plate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast