Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: HTM, American Offshore or Eliminator

JMC
    In the market for a Cat in the 24 to 26 foot range. I dont have any real time experience with any of these hulls. Leaning towards the AO 26 or HTM SR 24. Can anyone give me their thoughts on how the hulls compare in big water? Any comments or first hand experience is greatly appreciated. THANKS

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    In the market for a Cat in the 24 to 26 foot range. I dont have any real time experience with any of these hulls. Leaning towards the AO 26 or HTM SR 24. Can anyone give me their thoughts on how the hulls compare in big water? Any comments or first hand experience is greatly appreciated. THANKS
    This will be another pocorner!!
    I say Eliminator
    My freinds fly all over in there HTMs and want bigger boats
    You need a lot af tats to own an AO!

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    Oh ya that sweet 30 is for sale in my sig! Twins baby!!! 90+mph never be towed! Handle 3ft chop at 80mph!!! 87 pump gas! Starts every time!!
    $119,000 496 HOs w/ stand-offs

prosthogod
    I have a 2003 HTM sr24 open bow. Wife and 3 young boys. We love it . Just upgraded the motor to a Larry peto. You will get alot of opinions in here. Go for a ride in them all and then make your disision. You can have a ride in mine anytime.

Reaper1
    You need a lot af tats to own an AO!
    Do you have to smoke cloves too? :rollside:

Goodtime$
    I have this demo model in stock. huge discounts. boat has gone through a year of testing/changes and is now ready to go with a huge discount attached to it.
    496mag, B1 drive, Extreme Trailer, Gaffrig, dana hardware. Ready to roll
    First production model pops out next week, priced at $65k with a Mag/B1 combo.....thanks. pm me for prices etc
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...icture_011.jpg

Evil-E
    I have a 2003 HTM sr24 open bow. Wife and 3 young boys. We love it . Just upgraded the motor to a Larry peto. You will get alot of opinions in here. Go for a ride in them all and then make your disision. You can have a ride in mine anytime.
    I saw your boat down at Larry's a few weeks ago. What motor did you go with? I'm taking mine down there today to have the drive gone through before I try and sell it :notam: Your boat looks nice.

JMC
    Thanks for chiming in guys. I recently sold my little Allison Grandsport due to the water getting too big around here. Its been STV or Allison for me since 1992 so I am out of my element with these hulls and the whole stern drive thing Cant get away from a little speed so Im looking for a Cat. I really dont know much about any of the boats first hand other than what I have read. I turned down a HTM repo in Oklahoma for 36K. Had a 540 with a 1071 etc. Bravo w/cone. The Sponsons were faded badly and the gell was boogered up from some hayseed trying to fix it. Interior was full of wallnuts and chit...its on Boat trader right now for 42K. White w/ blue flames. Have seen an AO advertised with a similar engine for 50k and a few Elims. for just a little more. Do you guys think there is much difference in the ride between these three hulls in the rough stuff?.....I know there has to be some but does any of them actually stand out from the other? What about build?
    Now the fun part: Please tell me which you would choose and why? Thanks for the offer Goodtimes but your rig is a little over my head. Im looking for 110 mph in the mid 50k range. Thanks Again!!

LESSON LEARNED
    Make an offer on this bad boy...... It will suit your needs..... Clean as can be and not old as hell like most at its price......
    http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-4363.html

Jordy
    Just a little piece of advice here (I'll keep my opinions to myself) but check on insurance before you do anything. I know I was looking at 25' Daytonas and 26' DCB's with HP500's for power a year ago or so and couldn't find anyone who would touch it where the insurance would be less than the boat payments a year, and those were only 90 mph boats and naturally aspirated. Just a suggestion before you get locked into something you can't insure.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast