Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Specter that hit Orwood Bridge

Lofty
    Anyone have any pics of "Wild Thang" that hit the Orwood rail bridge Sunday?

deltarat
    Is that what all of the sirens were for on Sunday evening?

andy01
    Spectre? What?
    Andy

deltarat
    You might want to post this in ***boat West there are alot of us that live on the Delta over there.

Lofty
    That was Carlos... sad thing but the steering went out.

Lofty
    Either that or his ponny tail poked him in the eyes!

deltarat
    Is everyone alright? What kind of damage did his boat do to that bridge?

diggler
    Is everyone alright? What kind of damage did his boat do to that bridge?
    I think this was the sirens we heard Sunday Terry. ouch! I hope everyone is all right.

Lofty
    Yeah we where ok. The boat started to drift pretty hard so he got her off plane real fast. We where slowing for the bridge anyway. He was headed for the center then the boat started drifting again to the right and I saw him turning the wheel and nothing happened. At first I thought he was going to hang the turn and head up to Bullfrog then I realized he had no steering. We hit at about 25-35mph. It was a load azz crunch, made me sic to the stomach. Luckily the pilings gave way and bent down to absorb some of the impact. It broke the nose off the Starb sponson and pushed the center back about 5". All the damage was above the water line so we fired up and ran back to Disco with the bow nice and high. Some guy in a big cruizer gave us a nice roller to ride all the way in on. That helped keep most of the water out.
    We steered using the throttles only the whole way back. All in all it turned out ok. Didn't hurt anyone and the boat stayed up.

Lofty
    I'll post some pics up when I get home. Carlos will kick my azz but f' him.... He almost killed me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast