Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How old should the kids be before you leave them alone?

Man-de-lone
    How old were your kids before you left them home alone for a little while ? I am thinking just to run to the store or go out to dinner with out them??
    Assume that they are well behaved and cautious.......

Kindsvater Flat
    I have been doing it since he was 8 for quick runs to the store or post office. Going out to dinner 10-11 or so. Little different here on the ranch compared to city life. He has been running loose on the motorcycles since he was 4.

blender over
    How old were your kids before you left them home alone for a little while ? I am thinking just to run to the store or go out to dinner with out them??
    Assume that they are well behaved and cautious.......
    around 12 i think.

disco_charger
    My son is 21 months, and we leave him all the time.

simple
    Once they are old enough to understand that they don't answer the door or the phone. They also must know your cell phone number & be a responsible kid.
    Run a few tests before you go.
    Most of the time 12 years old works.

JetBoatRich
    Never trust them remember when you were young

Mrs. Restless22
    I have been doing it since he was 8 for quick runs to the store or post office. Going out to dinner 10-11 or so. Little different here on the ranch compared to city life. He has been running loose on the motorcycles since he was 4.
    LOL Ive driven past that little post office in Butte City so many times!
    But a quick trip to the store? Hmmm, I dunno about that one, a quick trip from where you live is like....errrr.....1 hour!!!
    Boonies boy

HocusPocus
    we have 4 kids.. and we always use the teenager rule.. once they are 13 they are allowed to be at home alone. my kids are almost 5 years apart in age and my oldest is 16 now so she makes a great baby sitter. it would also depend on the maturity level of the kid.. my wife won't leave me home alone.

Kindsvater Flat
    LOL Ive driven past that little post office in Butte City so many times!
    But a quick trip to the store? Hmmm, I dunno about that one, a quick trip from where you live is like....errrr.....1 hour!!!
    Boonies boy
    If you've driven by the post office you've driven by the store. Although you were probably looking at the bar when you past it since its across the street.
    http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscfarm/taylor3.JPG

Mrs. Restless22
    If you've driven by the post office you've driven by the store. Although you were probably looking at the bar when you past it since its across the street.
    Thats a store?
    LMAO I always look at the bar!! never even knew the store was a "real" store.
    I should spend more time there. Get to know a few of the 200-300 folks that live there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast