Thread: Re-Chroming...

dmontzsta
    Anyone know how much it would cost to have a set of headers re-chromed? also, any reccomendations for rusting?

blownmoney
    it would probably cost as much as a really nice used set or even close to new, and there are only a handful of good chrome shops left!

HBjet
    Don't waste your money. Re-chroming never lasts as long. I talked to Bassett about that along time ago, and they suggested for me not to do it. My neighbor knew a chrome shop that would do them for me cheap, so I did, and first time back out the chrome began to bubble. I would get them Jet Coated and never redo them again!
    HBjet

FastRat1
    hey Jet...where can i get them jet coated and how much?....thnx
    Ron

HBjet
    FastRat1:
    hey Jet...where can i get them jet coated and how much?....thnx
    Ron There are several places that can do it. I think Jet Hot is in Az, I would contact them since there in your state and my probably could drive them over, verses shipping your headers. I've too many horror stories of a good coat job, but in shipping the headers got banged up. Price depends on the place you go. It's worth it though.
    HBjet

dmontzsta
    any jet hot pics?

moneysucker
    I did Jet hot on my headers. They are in phoenix, AZ. it was $305 with shipping. That was stripping chrome and doing the coating. I can e-mail Pix of mine and my brothers sets.

dmontzsta
    moneysucker:
    I did Jet hot on my headers. They are in phoenix, AZ. it was $305 with shipping. That was stripping chrome and doing the coating. I can e-mail Pix of mine and my brothers sets. sweet, that is a good price.
    my email is dmontzsta@werd.com
    Thanks.

BrendellaJet
    Id like to see pics too. Does the finish ever dull?

FastRat1
    hey Money...how long ago did u have them done?...i called for quote...$325 + $40 to strip them + shipping if u do that...Brendella...they have an awsome warranty...alot of people in this forum have there's done...u can e-mail them at: www.jet-hot.com...they will send u a brochure and video...free...i'm going to have mine done in the next month or so
    Ron