Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Da Plane....

Froggystyle
    did they not use those alot in the Koren war.
    I believe they even made a TV series about that plane back in the late 70's or early 80's
    Yeah, "Tales of the Golden Monkey" from the early 80's. I loved that show...
    That amphib is more popularly known as a Grumman "Goose" I believe. My Dad used to own an Otter and a couple other freighters when he had an airfreight business in Hawaii in the 70's. Same engines I believe.
    They had a "Duck" too that was a smaller version. I am seeing some turboprop conversions as well these days as it was a great platform...

Froggystyle
    C:\Documents and Settings\Jason and Amber.HOME\My Documents\My Pictures\Kodak Pictures\2005-09-20
    Yeah.... it doesn't work like that...

Sleek-Jet
    Yeah, "Tales of the Golden Monkey" from the early 80's. I loved that show...
    That amphib is more popularly known as a Grumman "Goose" I believe. My Dad used to own an Otter and a couple other freighters when he had an airfreight business in Hawaii in the 70's. Same engines I believe.
    They had a "Duck" too that was a smaller version. I am seeing some turboprop conversions as well these days as it was a great platform...
    It's an Albatross... Goose are smaller, and I believe the "Tales of the Golden Monkey" was a Widgeon...

Froggystyle
    It's an Albatross... Goose are smaller, and I believe the "Tales of the Golden Monkey" was a Widgeon...
    Correct you are...
    What is a Widgeon?
    P.S. I was ten when "Tales" came out...

Sleek-Jet
    Correct you are...
    What is a Widgeon?
    P.S. I was ten when "Tales" came out...
    I was Seven...
    A Widgeon was the smallest of the Grumman Amphibs... they all looked similiar.
    From smallest, to largest it was:
    Widgeon (a kind of duck)
    Goose
    Mallard
    Albatross
    The "Tales" airplane might be a Goose, I haven't seen a good enough picture in a while, but one of the TV studios has a Widgeon with a radial engine conversion and it's hard to tell the difference on TV sometimes.

Outnumbered
    Hey did you just trade in your Ultra for a new Magic, there was one that looked like your's in the shop on Fri.???? NSF
    My boat was at Absolute for the routine service all week. Went to pick it up Sunday and made a day of it. We usually don't boat Havasu but since we were there anyway it worked out to a good day trip.

voodoomedman
    Yeah.... it doesn't work like that...
    I know I know but this friggin site doesn't want to let me post so I was just trying stuff. Where's to the link to the rules regarding posting pics because I have made my picture super small with a valid file extension and it still doesn't want to accept it.

JB in so cal
    I was Seven...
    A Widgeon was the smallest of the Grumman Amphibs... they all looked similiar.
    From smallest, to largest it was:
    Widgeon (a kind of duck)
    Goose
    Mallard
    Albatross
    The "Tales" airplane might be a Goose, I haven't seen a good enough picture in a while, but one of the TV studios has a Widgeon with a radial engine conversion and it's hard to tell the difference on TV sometimes.
    So, is the Goose just a smidgeon larger than the Widgeon?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123