Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Keep Me in Your Prayers

***boateditor
    To begin with, I am fine.
    I have suffered no debilitating injuries or life-altering medical emergencies. Moreover, no longtime friends or even casual acquaintances have experienced anything that could remotely be characterized as a crisis. To the best of my knowledge, all of my immediate family members are in the best of health, and even those in my extended family (including cousins and in-laws) are reportedly doing just fine. In short, there is no need to worry.
    Nevertheless, I would like to ask everybody who reads this to keep me in his or her prayers. If possible, please ask anybody you know -- and, if it's not too inconvenient, even people you do not know -- to add me to the list of people to pray for.
    It's not that I personally believe in the power of prayer. Quite the contrary. It is a colossal waste of time and effort.
    However, this is precisely what I am asking you (and everybody you know and do not know) to do.
    Simply because I asked you to.
    Who knows? Maybe with all of these people praying for me, something wonderful will happen.
    Well, no, it won't. But do it anyway. Just for my own amusement.
    In the autumn years of my life, I would like to look back and briefly reflect on the time when a large group of people was praying for me, without any reason whatsoever. It strikes me as amusing.
    That alone should be enough of a reason to pray for me.
    And besides, it costs you nothing. Unless you believe that praying for someone for no reason at all makes all of your other prayers somehow less valuable. If that is the case, well, I must politely insist that you pray for me anyway.
    What, you need a reason?
    OK, fine. I'm deeply depressed. Also, I have a cavity. There, are you happy? Great! Now go pray for me. All of you. And then you may resume your Internet activities. Thanks muchly.

Kilrtoy
    Oh im praying for ya....
    im praying you get that job done we spoke off :boxed:

Phat Matt
    Peace be with you.

acatitude
    oh im praying for you... you probably need it more then you think as do many... you shooiuld feel better in the morning with all the prayers floating around your karma :sleeping:

bignet
    as a pretty serious catholic, i will pray for you and your family..regardless of your intentions...however.. could you find out any info on the carrera regatta?? rick and dennis are harder to get ahold of than the big guy upstairs.
    let the prayers begin!
    "Our father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name...."
    bignet

FMluvswater
    To begin with, I am fine.
    I have suffered no debilitating injuries or life-altering medical emergencies. Moreover, no longtime friends or even casual acquaintances have experienced anything that could remotely be characterized as a crisis. To the best of my knowledge, all of my immediate family members are in the best of health, and even those in my extended family (including cousins and in-laws) are reportedly doing just fine. In short, there is no need to worry.
    Nevertheless, I would like to ask everybody who reads this to keep me in his or her prayers. If possible, please ask anybody you know -- and, if it's not too inconvenient, even people you do not know -- to add me to the list of people to pray for.
    It's not that I personally believe in the power of prayer. Quite the contrary. It is a colossal waste of time and effort.
    However, this is precisely what I am asking you (and everybody you know and do not know) to do.
    Simply because I asked you to.
    Who knows? Maybe with all of these people praying for me, something wonderful will happen.
    Well, no, it won't. But do it anyway. Just for my own amusement.
    In the autumn years of my life, I would like to look back and briefly reflect on the time when a large group of people was praying for me, without any reason whatsoever. It strikes me as amusing.
    That alone should be enough of a reason to pray for me.
    And besides, it costs you nothing. Unless you believe that praying for someone for no reason at all makes all of your other prayers somehow less valuable. If that is the case, well, I must politely insist that you pray for me anyway.
    What, you need a reason?
    OK, fine. I'm deeply depressed. Also, I have a cavity. There, are you happy? Great! Now go pray for me. All of you. And then you may resume your Internet activities. Thanks muchly.
    Don't think I won't. :smile:

PlyaPlya22
    God Bless

vdrivenman
    your tongue in cheek fun of prayer just shows that you do need some prayer.
    prayer is not just for time of need. prayer is a word of thanks and praise for
    all the daily accomplishments and lifes gifts that we sometime take for granted. a conversation with God.
    i will pray for you that your needs be met and that whatever makes you feel or say the things you did are resolved in your life. if we pray and there are results in your life,will you be man enough to admit them and where they came from ???

HM
    I will pray that you get laid....sounds like you need it!!!

Silver
    Ok.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast