Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Opinions Needed....

Kindsvater Flat
    All the clearances on the rod bearings and sides were more than enough. I made sure of this. I'm using the big pin also.
    Also within 5 minutes of me shutting it off I did hit the start button. It was locked tight. Next morning after it cooled it would crank over again.

wsuwrhr
    Never lost oil pressure. Still running 80 psi when I shut it off. Pistons were sticking putting the load on the rod bearing cooking them. 5 rods are burnt. No you can't have my motor. Mains are fine 1, 2, 7 rods are fine. It just got the rest.
    I hate to be the ass here, but you keep saying the same thing.
    Fuk the gauge. I don't give a sh.it if the gauge reads 2000 PSI when you started it the first time, when you ran it at the river or in your driveway, when you shut it off, or when the boat has been sitting two years and the gauge is STILL at 2000 PSI.
    Oil pressure on your happy ass gauge is read at your DASH, and it is taken from the TOP of the block, at the rear of the block no less, FAR FAR FAR away from the crank and rods. (Which BTW are the parts that are jacked up)
    You dig?
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    All the clearances on the rod bearings and sides were more than enough. I made sure of this. I'm using the big pin also.
    Also within 5 minutes of me shutting it off I did hit the start button. It was locked tight. Next morning after it cooled it would crank over again.
    Comprende senor.
    You never mentioned it being locked up when you first posted about firing the motor up?
    Was the bore checked before you bolted the heads on also?
    Brian

Kindsvater Flat
    Ok my happy ass drill with the intake off pumps oil past the bearings when looking down through the lifter galley. Guage reads the same then also.

wsuwrhr
    Are there aluminum traces on the cylinder bore also? Shoot some pictures of that also please.
    Brian

Kindsvater Flat
    No traces of alum in the 2 piston that I pulled. None in the other cyl's that I can see either.

wsuwrhr
    Ok my happy ass drill with the intake off pumps oil past the bearings when looking down through the lifter galley. Guage reads the same then also.
    Yes sir,
    you verified oiling to the rods looking past the cam? You did this when you first put the motor together?
    Pretty good idea.
    I can't even say I have done that.
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    No traces of alum in the 2 piston that I pulled. None in the other cyl's that I can see either.
    We are talking about the bore of the block....right?
    Im still saying it ain't possible to drag the pistons (in the short term) enough to cook the rods.
    Not enough time on the motor.
    Brian

Kindsvater Flat
    I do that everytime.

Kindsvater Flat
    We are talking about the bore of the block....right?
    Im still saying it ain't possible to drag the pistons (in the short term) enough to cook the rods.
    Not enough time on the motor.
    Brian
    Well not everything works in theory because it happened. And yes the bore of the block.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast