Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Opinions Needed....

Sherpa
    Kflat,
    sorry to see the problems in your motor........ it is a bummer...... not only
    the money part, but the time as well............ looks like wait till harvest is
    over, and find out what happened and fix it..........
    --Sherpa

Kim Hanson
    Mike, im going to sit tight on the blower thing buddy, sorry to hear of the pain to fix it again.........( . )( . )........ :frown:

Cousin Bob
    Mike, sorry to hear about this. I know how long you have been waiting to run your blower motor.
    I hope your ski-tow didn't melt down in your avatar fire :jawdrop:

wsuwrhr
    So give us the low down sir,
    Your post in the cam thread had me thinking about your problem again, so I had to find this thread.
    Another question: Are you using the stock RB oiling setup? specifically the 3/8 pipe oil pickup that screws into the block? Is it switched to 1/2 pipe, or is your pickup in the side of the pan?
    The offer still stands about using my dial bore guage if you do not have one.
    Brian

Kindsvater Flat
    Milodon dual line. I have a dial bore guage.
    The guys that I had come over and look at it said it was because of piston to bore. Pistons were tightening up and smashing out the bearing to closing all rod side clearance which ended oil slinging. Everything is apart and at my buddies shop. He already honed the block to give it the .011 that I need. Just have to find a crank and by another set of rods. Pistons are salvagable.

wsuwrhr
    Milodon dual line. I have a dial bore guage.
    The guys that I had come over and look at it said it was because of piston to bore. Pistons were tightening up and smashing out the bearing to closing all rod side clearance which ended oil slinging. Everything is apart and at my buddies shop. He already honed the block to give it the .011 that I need. Just have to find a crank and by another set of rods. Pistons are salvagable.
    Good oiling system. I am running the same.
    I hope they are right.
    Bummer deal that the crank can't be saved.
    Brian

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567