Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thunder on the James II

Jr Jetter
    Well folks, dont ask me how I got nominated for this.....but here is what I have so far, time is getting short, so make arrangements best you can !!!!
    Thunder on the James II
    Lake James
    Morganton NC
    Oct 29th and 30th
    Unfortunately the cabins and campground are out this year, I will reserve my comments on that for a later date. Due to the late timing, the Hampton Inn is limited in availability, therefore our group will be split up in regards to sleeping arrangements. Here is what I have, any help is appreciated to further along....
    Hampton Inn
    9 rooms block reserved (2 queen size per room)
    Tell them you are with the BOTE group, $75 per night (best deal available for small qty of rooms left)....sorry. I have contacted the local Comfort Inn as well, slightly higher in price. There are also others in the area, but I have only blocked the 9 rooms at the Hampton thus far.
    Toys for Tots run (2nd annual)
    12 noon Oct 29th Canal St Bridge access (closest to Hot Boat Island)
    I have contacted the local national guard, confirmed, Army National Guard will be there at noon. Bring one or more toys for the kids, especially during these times in the south when so many have lost so much.
    Local newspaper has been contacted and they have confirmed they will be there.
    I plan on arriving Friday the 28th around noon.....hope to meet some of you at 'Hot Boat Island' to finish out the day on the water.
    So lets get this party started, make it better than last year.
    Need to get a roll call started, food listing, arrival/departure time listing, etc..
    NC, SC, VA, WV, MD, PA, OH, TN, GA (and any others I havent listed)......come on everyone, lets finish out the year with a bang !!! We had 40 some boats last year, lets blow that number out......

MizBubba
    I just called to confirm our room. The phone number is (828) 432-2000.

Huffer
    WELL YOU KNOW THAT I WILL BE THERE,RIGHT ALONG WITH MISS KITTY!!
    CAN"T WAIT,SEE YALL SOON!!

Jr Jetter
    I just called to confirm our room. The phone number is (828) 432-2000.
    Thanks.... I remembered later I forgot the phone number, so was popping back on here to edit it........... :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
    BOTE family...always watching each others back !!!!

Lady Warhawk
    We'll be arriving the 28th to the 31st. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

and don't forget this is an open invite,you don't have to have a Jet-boat this is for the kids!!!! I'm telling you this is gonna be the year they need us!! so bring A TOY or two, waiting to here from "Stoker Steve",anybody that was there last year remembers that PASS !!where's dim dar west virginia boy's at ??Jim, Leland,Paul,Jay I seen at Anna but the other fellas I haven't!?!?bring them raceboats you boys be talking about and you know the waters gonna get like glass.. will see
    Markist

737jetmech
    Still undecided ??? 525 miles ... weather is going to be the major factor.
    Bob

shirkey4750
    Already have reservations, will be bringing the Howard.

Huffer
    So It Runs,already?been Holding Out,you Know I Want One!!!!!!!

Mrs.sleekcraft76
    Made our reservations. Coming in Friday after work and leaving Sunday

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast