Thread: C9VE-A VS D3VE-A2A HEADS

lakesmodified
    Does anyone know the difference a set of the
    C9VE-A heads will make in my final compression ratio versus the later model D3VE-A2A heads? I'm presently running JE blower pistons and my final compression ratio with the later model heads is 7:1
    Thanks, Ivan

C9 heads have a 75 cc chamber and the A2As have a 91-92 cc chamber and they can be open chamber or closed....get the closed chamber heads. 7 to 1 c/r is a little low, the engine may be a bit lazy on the low end, try for about 8 to 1.

mister460
    Sup Lakes. Like I said in my other reply, go with the D9's. They have a much better port design. You won't see a big jump in comp ratio. How much boost are you planning on running?

lakesmodified
    Originally posted by mister460:
    Sup Lakes. Like I said in my other reply, go with the D9's. They have a much better port design. You won't see a big jump in comp ratio. How much boost are you planning on running?
    Mister460, I'm just freshing this engine due to water mixed in the oil. Originally removed the intake, heads etc. Freshened up the heads, then decided to get better ones. According to BDS's chart, this 671 is running approx 20% over (34 top pulley, 42 bottom) The pistons are JE 7:1 blower (not sure what heads that c/r is based on) I had found a real nice set of D9 heads with the CJ size valves, ported and polished (all fresh, roller rockers etc) ready to run. I should have bought them, but was worried about the higher c/r using the smaller 75cc combustion chambers. I ended up purchasing a set of the later model (same ones that I have)A2A heads that have a real nice professional port and polish, machined for the double springs, etc) I will get them freshended up and try them out. The guy I bought my boat from (original owner) used to do research and custom work for BDS years ago. He actually developed some sort of electronic guizmo that BDS was going to sell(don't ask what it is yet, he's shipping it out to me)something to record boost pressures or something like that while running.. Anyways, he and the owner of BDS set the blower up on this 460 with water injection, and a knock sensor/alarm system. I just plan to reassemble it with the new heads I bought, and then take it out to test.. It will be a few weeks though, I'm going to be going on vacation for 10 days starting next Monday. Thanks for your input, Ivan