Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying Boat registered in Nevada?

Kahuna
    I live in California so what would work best if I bought a boat in registered in Nevada? It would be stored in Parker AZ.
    Taxes, Registration, etc?

Beer-30
    I am same situation. I sent in the signed off reg to AZ and they sent all the info necessary. It is registered in my CA address as a non-resident AZ reg. Same on trailer.

burtandnancy
    You're going to need an address in NV to send your registration to.

Kahuna
    My big concern is the taxes that I have to pay when I buy it from a private party. I have never bought a used boat before.

Beer-30
    Nothing was due on mine. I wrote the guy a check and then paid the reg fees only. This was in early January, this year. I hear things may have changed since then.

burtandnancy
    There are no taxes on a private party sale between two NV residents

JetBoatRich
    You're going to need an address in NV to send your registration to.
    My new boat is registered in Nevada and when I went into the Nevada fish and game last week, they used my CA address for my registration.

JetBoatRich
    There are no taxes on a private party sale between two NV residents
    Very Nice Nevada Law

2Driver
    I just boat a boat last week from Las Vegas and registered it in AZ.
    No sales tax, $30 in state boat reg fee from AZ Game and Fish ( I live in AZ) and a $125 permanent trailer tag from the lovely and gracious AZ Motor vehicles Dept. Neither titles needed to be notorized. However, MVD wanted to inspect the trailer first because it was from out of state. I am not sure how the CA resident with an AZ reg puts a tweak in the process.
    Good luck. You can call Game and Fish in AZ they are great to work with. MVD will anwer the phone too.

Sleek-Jet
    I just boat a boat last week from Las Vegas and registered it in AZ.
    No sales tax, $30 in state boat reg fee from AZ Game and Fish ( I live in AZ) and a $125 permanent trailer tag from the lovely and gracious AZ Motor vehicles Dept. Neither titles needed to be notorized. However, MVD wanted to inspect the trailer first because it was from out of state. I am not sure how the CA resident with an AZ reg puts a tweak in the process.
    Good luck. You can call Game and Fish in AZ they are great to work with. MVD will anwer the phone too.
    Expect a letter from the fish cops wanting to see the boat HIN as well...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast