Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tunnel Hull Jet For Sale On Ebay

Mr. Crusader 83
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BEISE...53QQitemZ45787 25727QQrdZ1
    TUNNEL HULL JET FOR SALE
    EBAY $1200

victorfb
    well its not a tunnel hull, but it does have 6 lifting strakes and some large dropped chines. kinda like the rogers 19 bonneville. sure hope it finds a trailer soon... :frown:

Poor boat has surely seen better days........ And definitely NOT a tunnel.

DeputyDawg
    Looks like a circle race boat. Quick, somebody buy it and set it up for the Parker 300 with a Chevy and go race the Code Blue Team! Can't let a Ford win can we?

moneysucker
    Should sell. Looks like an insurance fraud deal. If a thief took it he would have taken the pump steering and everything. Pump is almost worth it. Calgo steering pedal, Looks like a possible 5* intake too. If it wasn't in minisota, I would consider it. 700 miles is my new limit.

I really dig on that boat!!!
    does'nt look to be too much deadrise in that bottom, i'd imagine it would be a pretty stable boat, i know in finnegans old red boat he said it chine walked pretty good, but that is definitly got more chine drop in it than the rogers,someone should keep an eye on this.
    just my opinion....

victorfb
    gotta wonder how many other boats are on that property. i see trailers up the yin yang, and a few boats just in the background.
    anyone notice that peice of hardware in the center of the hull just befor the motor mount? looks like a really big skag pod. im guessing old circle boat for sure.

berk
    hard to believe someone at some point said "yeah brown yellow and white! that would look great!"

victorfb
    i believe there is some red in there too. :rollside:

MikeF
    From an old banderlog thread.
    Yes, you're right about the stretching of the 18 into the 19 by Kenny. It was also his sugestion of the dropped chines to Roger after riding in a Horizon which also had them.
    The drop chines made the boat heavier and increased the wetted area without any real benefit. The rage back then was circle racing and it was thought that the boat would turn better. It didn't. The Horizons were so slow, they handled fine. I don't think the drop chines did much for them at all.
    good question, I don't know the answer. I would have to say no to the air entrapment idea. This is pure, 100% speculation and probably 150% bullshit, but I think the chines trap water in there. They, Roger and Kenny, were looking for a better, more stable ride.....less chine walking on the big numbers. This was there answer to the problem, patterened after the Horizon bottom.
    These quotes are about the Rogers TR.
    That hull does look pretty cool though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast