Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Av Gas???

tcook33
    Does anyone know of a resource for getting av gas inbetween Simi Valley and Park Moabi (besides the valley)? And also, what is the closest resource for av gas once I'm in Park Moabi?
    We always go to Havasu so it's not an issue. But, we have this Moabi trip once a year and I'd hate to have to make a trip to Havasu every night to fill up.
    Any help would be cool.

bunny 166
    We go the Needles airport. You just drive right on to the tarmack(sp?) and there are 2 tanks...one with av gas and one with jet fuel. Take the Broadway exit off the 40 (like you're going to Basha's) and turn right (toward Blythe) There is a little airport sign that comes up on the right after a few miles. They take cash or you can use a Chevron card. This exit is after the Moabi exit if you're coming from Havasu, before the Moabi exit if you're coming from Needles :wink: If you're coming from Havasu, turn left off the fwy...

tcook33
    Nice, that is a very good bit of info. Thanks for the help.
    Are they open 24 hrs? Or do they have specific hours? If they aren't open at night, can I go there and fill up with a card? Do they only take Chevron cards? Amex? Debit?
    Sorry for all the questions.......

bunny 166
    Nice, that is a very good bit of info. Thanks for the help.
    Are they open 24 hrs? Or do they have specific hours? If they aren't open at night, can I go there and fill up with a card? Do they only take Chevron cards? Amex? Debit?
    Sorry for all the questions.......
    No problem....I'm not sure of the hours. We have gone early in the morning. There is an attendant there in one of the hangars that will come out to help. There is no credit card service at the pump, the guy has to come out and help you. It is a small airport with just a few planes....He is kinda grumpy, but an OK guy...I think it is cash or Chevron, maybe Visa,too, because you get a break on the price if you pay with the Chevron card. My dad has one so we used his last time....only 3.45 a gallon....Gas prices BLOW....There is a small gift shop, but I did not go inside...The road is a dirt road that winds up by a small house and the tarmack. Just drive up to the pump.....Sorry I do not have a phone number, but I imagine there is one?.....

goneboatin
    There's a 76 station at the end (or the the beginning) of the Pasadena freeway on Arroyo Parkway. They sell racing gas there - sorry but have no idea what the price is but I'm sure it's a lot more than $3.45 a gallon.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Just as an FYI, the AV gas at Sundance in Havasu was $4.49 last weekend.

bunny 166
    Just as an FYI, the AV gas at Sundance in Havasu was $4.49 last weekend.
    Oh man!! We haven't been out since Labor Day, and that's what we paid then....We are mixing av gas and premium right now....we paid more for the 91 octane than the av gas.... :notam:

Sleek-Jet
    http://www.airnav.com/airport/KEED
    Price of 4.20 as of Sept. 14th.
    Phone number and hours of operation are at the bottom of the page.

pixilatedpussy
    Oh man!! We haven't been out since Labor Day, and that's what we paid then....We are mixing av gas and premium right now....we paid more for the 91 octane than the av gas.... :notam:
    Yikes! We use 105 octane for the rail & it is 5.00 a gallon...how much is av gas?? Cant imagine that bil!

bunny 166
    Yikes! We use 105 octane for the rail & it is 5.00 a gallon...how much is av gas?? Cant imagine that bil!
    Not fun....Now I have to sling more pizzas this winter to work off the gas bill....LOL...We love when Mom and Dad come and feel "obligated" to pay because they stay with us....Ha ha ha... Av gas is less than race gas, I think....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast