Thread: Off To California

Wet Dream
    I have to go all the way out there just to get Roostertail his damn tri tips.
    Actually, I'm going out there to check on my dad and take care of a few things that he can't. Its been a few years since I've been out there, so it will be nice. The cancer has really taken its toll on his willingness to eat and so the weight is down from 205 in March to 145 now. My job is to fatten him up as much as possible. He is sounding much better, but I'll be able to make my own assessment when I see him. I should be able to post from out there. It really sucks as you get older and people that you knew, like your parents and their friends, who were young and healthy are now "feeling their age" so to speak.

Slacker
    Good luck ... which part of Cali are you going to/

IMPATIENT 1
    I have to go all the way out there just to get Roostertail his damn tri tips.
    Actually, I'm going out there to check on my dad and take care of a few things that he can't. Its been a few years since I've been out there, so it will be nice. The cancer has really taken its toll on his willingness to eat and so the weight is down from 205 in March to 145 now. My job is to fatten him up as much as possible. He is sounding much better, but I'll be able to make my own assessment when I see him. I should be able to post from out there. It really sucks as you get older and people that you knew, like your parents and their friends, who were young and healthy are now "feeling their age" so to speak.
    yep, everyone of us will feel our ages eventually.i'm 29 ,been workin steady since 13,and i feel 50.sorry @ your dad,hope he beats it.lost my dad a few yrs. back and wouldn't wish those feelings on my worst enemy.

Wet Dream
    I am off to Morgan Hill, which is in the south bay area of San Francisco.
    Impatient, thank you for your comments. Its been a rough year.

Roostertail
    Bill
    I f there is anything I can do just let me Know. Hang in there.

IMPATIENT 1
    I am off to Morgan Hill, which is in the south bay area of San Francisco.
    Impatient, thank you for your comments. Its been a rough year.
    WD make sure you tell him everything you've always wanted to say,just in case.this is my #1 regret in life so far at 29.me and my dad where arguing the nite before.never got to tell him somethings or say i'm sorry.

Wet Dream
    Thanks Rooster.
    Impatient, yeah actually I'm a little afraid of making this trip in fear that he's holding out and waiting to see me before all hell breaks loose. He is my best friend and my hero. We've had our ups and downs when I was a complete asshole in my teenage years, but I wouldn't have changed anything. I hope he can beat this. As a matter of fact, I guess Monday we are going to the hospital for another CAT/PET scan to check the progress of the tumors. The radiation has stopped the bleeding but his strength is minimal.

HammerDown
    Have a safe trip my friend, and please tell your pop many of your good friends here have him in our prayers.