Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there really life after divorce?

H20 Toie
    After being married for 14 years and being fairly successful, we had all the toys we wanted Motorhome, Harleys, Sandrail, quads, Boat (except it was a Commander) Jeep and Hummer, plus a great house with good neighbors and the best little girl in the world (8 years old) and then everything goes to shit.
    While going out and buying a 35' Cigarette has been a lot of fun and i have really met a lot of great people this summer, i get to see my daughter quite a bit but it is just not the same, my new house is only a few miles away so her and the dog stay with me whenever possible and i can drop her off at school in the morning.
    It just seems that after spending most of your like working to provide for your family and being prepared to retire someday and then having to start over, whats the point.
    Boy do i sound like a whinner. oh well maybe i should stop drinking so much at night then i might not be so hungover and feel like rambling on but oh well.

76ANTHONY
    BEEN THERE DONE THAT, yep it sucks, get on with life and stay with your daughter as much as possiable. keep on workin and have fun, sorry just my.02

spectratoad
    Yep I got that t-shirt. Just hang in there. Be there for your daughter and yourself. I spent my nights drinking after the kids went to bed and when they went to their mom's I spent the nights at the bars, left bar went to work. Didn't want to go home to my empty house.
    It does get better. I looked at it like it can only get better because it can't get much worse.
    Lots of peeps on here have been through it so you can find alot of support/advice on here I am sure.
    Most of all....have fun and be true to yourself and your daughter.

LHC30Victory
    YUP. It sucks. Although it does get better over time as you learn to live with and for yourself and your daughter, there will be times that you feel like shit again.
    Seeing them go back to moms is hard and if you and your ex don't see eye to eye on raising the kids, or the mutual support isn't there, its even worse.
    We all survive, take care of yourself or you wont be able to take care of your daughter.
    Ted's counseling service - 24/7

JetBoatRich
    sorry to hear about your past :yuk: but it does happen and be thankful you can be there for your daughter and teach her to be strong through difficult times.
    Hang in there

INSman
    Dan
    When the time is right, someone special will come into your life. I just don't know if you will find her amongst this crazy ***boat crowd !! :supp:

SK48
    Been there, done that. Don't worry it gets better if you let it. Doesn't happen over night.

Mrs.Racer277
    Hang in there. Enjoy the years you have with your daughter and her dog. They will grow up fast. Maybe hanging with some good friends will take your mind off the rest. And I am sure you will find the right person to spend the rest of your life with. Anytime you want to come over the hill and meet for dinner let us know. I wish you all the best.
    And atleast you have your friends here to vent to. :wink:

76ANTHONY
    Hang in there. Enjoy the years you have with your daughter and her dog. They will grow up fast. Maybe hanging with some good friends will take your mind off the rest. And I am sure you will find the right person to spend the rest of your life with. Anytime you want to come over the hill and meet for dinner let us know. I wish you all the best.
    And atleast you have your friends here to vent to. :wink:
    you could always take up smokin

Mrs.Racer277
    you could always take up smokin
    76 already on my list this morning!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast