Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuba Bent 472's paradise

Steve 1

Blown 472
    http://www.therealcuba.com/
    Looks like you need a hobby, perhaps you could go down there since you live so close and help those poor people out??

Steve 1
    Looks like you need a hobby, perhaps you could go down there since you live so close and help those poor people out??
    I figured you would want to live there; would make the Ideal comrade for El Comandante Plus all the propaganda in the world to read absolutely perfect for your little distorted little world! Free medical, a nice hovel to live in and then HERES the best part spending ALL the day telling lies about the Bad Ole USA.

Forkin' Crazy
    I figured you would want to live there; would make the Ideal comrade for El Comandante Plus all the propaganda in the world to read absolutely perfect for your little distorted little world! Free medical, a nice hovel to live in and then HERES the best part spending ALL the day telling lies about the Bad Ole USA.
    I think if Fidel knew about him he would snatch Blown up faster then he did Elian. He wouldn't have to spend the time brain washing him!!!

canuck1
    You guys need to get out more. Cuba has been hurt more from 40 years of the US embargo than anything Castro ever did.
    OK Castro is bad cause he told the US to go fukk themselves, he didn't fall in line like a good sheeple should

Forkin' Crazy
    You guys need to get out more. Cuba has been hurt more from 40 years of the US embargo than anything Castro ever did.
    OK Castro is bad cause he told the US to go fukk themselves, he didn't fall in line like a good sheeple should
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOkay. So "we're" the bad guy (as always). Did y'all send them your grain? :idea:
    So I guess "we" (under the Carter administration [if you can call it that]) were the bad guys when "we" implemented the grain embargo to Russia in the late 70's?
    I know it sure didn't help the US farmer.
    BTW since we are on the subject, under whose administration was the embargo with Cuba implemented? :idea:

Forkin' Crazy
    Embargo's don't really help anyway... it's like cutting off your nose to spite you face.... as far a agriculture goes anyway. There is always some one that will step up and sell commodities.
    The US hurt Cuba? Nonsense!
    http://www.bxa.doc.gov/News/Archive9...11_99test.html
    As spelled out by the Cuban Democracy Act of 1992, the United States will generally approve licenses to export medicines, medical supplies, instruments and equipment to Cuba that meet a set of five criteria. In 1998, BXA processed 107 applications worth $97 million for food and medical exports to Cuba.
    In March, 1998, the President announced that export applications for the sale of medicine and medical supplies and equipment to Cuba would be simplified and expedited, that direct cargo flights for humanitarian reasons would be restored, and that the monetary value and allowable frequency of family remittances to Cuba would be increased. In the aftermath of this announcement, Commerce's approved licenses for medical sales increased significantly, from a total value of only $22,500 in 1997 to $19.2 million in 1998. However, we understand that actual shipments are substantially below the authorized level.
    In January of this year, the President announced a series of new initiatives for Cuba designed to help the Cuban people transition to democracy without strengthening the current regime. The initiatives included a provision permitting the sale of food and certain agricultural items (i.e., seeds, pesticides and fertilizer) to independent organizations and nongovernmental entities. Through the implementation of this initiative, the US hopes to support the small but vital private sector of the Cuban economy. Treasury will also implement a counterpart regulation on the Cuban initiatives under its jurisdiction. The Commerce regulations liberalizing the sale of food to Cuba and the accompanying Treasury regulations go into effect today.
    The newest initiative for Cuba involves the sale of food and agricultural items, including but not limited to pesticides, herbicides, seeds, and fertilizer.
    http://www.thegully.com/essays/cuba/...a-embargo.html
    :idea: Anyway, it wasn't like Cuban leader Fidel Castro was rushing to open his checkbook. He had nothing but contempt for the latest legislative two-headed baby: a hybrid of what Wall Street interests and the hard-line anti-Castro lobby wanted. Cuba would not buy "a single grain of rice" from the United States, said Castro, so long as the general embargo, including the travel ban, remained in effect.
    Oh, you must have been reading this: http://members.allstream.net/~dchris/CubaFAQ108.html

Steve 1
    Why because Canada is down there kissing the mass murdering raping stealing Castros ass we should be like you ??

SmokinLowriderSS
    I ay be rightist, andf am definitely anti-communist, but I am glad to see some items being allowed to be dealt with Cuba. I do think that the time for the all-encompassing embargo is past and, though I am not advocating a "normalization" of relations with Cuba, I do think things need to move foreward. Especially since the fall of the USSR (which was a MAJOR supply line for Cuba. I think it would havce been benneficial to all parties had we stepped up to "assist" durring the days of the colapse of the Soviet Union. We COULD be a major supplier to Cuba now and have all the political "leverage" that that generates to press for reforms. I believe we have largely missed the boat on that opportunity.

canuck1
    Why because Canada is down there kissing the mass murdering raping stealing Castros ass we should be like you ??
    A little of the pot calling the kettle black don't ya think...

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast