Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TRS prop size question

burtandnancy
    502, I was pulling your chain a little on the #6 dry sump (althought they are outstanding). If you can wait until this years LA boat show there will be some exciting new drives to consider that will really bring your Schiada to life...

502schiada
    just put on the new hydromotive q-4 24 , and tried it out today, got me 5mph more, but cant tack 5000 rpms anymore, about 4700- 4800.gotta get me that new drive :idea:
    i'll try to post some new pics i got..

full throttle
    Just grabb'in here, but what lube are you running in your TRS? The trans your using is Merc trans II, or a Borg warner. That should'nt move your engine too far forward. Also, when your drive is trimmed down, where is your propshaft in relation to the bottom of the hull?

502schiada
    Im running quicksilver performance lube in the drive, and the propshaft center is 10" below the bottom of the boat. It is a borg warner trans , it is 32" from the transom to the center of the motor.

full throttle
    If the propshaft is 10" below the bottom of the boat, Thats your major problem. Shoot pics.

dirty old man
    I've never seen or heard of a prop that deep in the water (for an outdrive that is)

502schiada
    Im trying to post pics, but it keeps saying upload error , invalid file, but they are jpg pics 81 mb. Anyone know why? :umm:

Riverkid
    You'll need to upload the pics on the Image Center @ ***boat.com. Then bring the pic up after uploading it, right click it and grab properties. Copy the link to the pic. Come back here, get your thread going and then hit Insert Image icon (it's above the text box under the size font tool, yellow background with mtns on it). Paste your pic link and you should see the pic come up after posting. Hope this helps.

502schiada
    Just put a new set of lightning headers on and messed with the trim tabs and outdrive trim this weekend and finally saw 70 mph!!!

mondorally
    Any pics yet?
    Justin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast