Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can any one Id this hull

Can any one Id this hull,Iwas told it is a 75 tahiti,but there is no hull id numbers.http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...et_005-med.jpg

Here is a close up of the first pic.if any one can help me with its identity,i would appreciate it.http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...ti_jet_005.jpg

Red Horse
    That looks alot like my Weimann. One problem with late 60-mid 70s jets is there are so many splashs out there. Could be a Tahiti, could be a Weimann, hell it could be anything. You might not ever find out. IF you are gonna buy it make sure you SEE the title to the boat and trailer. Hull to deck joint in back looks a little iffy. Trailer looks pretty good though.

atxwrangler
    aren't nordics similar to this design?

I can't remember any Tahitis or Weimans that had straight gunnales like that one has. Or such sharp corners where the sides meet the transom.
    Pretty good looking boat, I like it.
    800 bucks and it has a new diverter, a berk C and a tandem trailer. what's not to like?

Are there any hull id numbers on it? Check the transom, also check for a metal plate around the shifter, driver's side gunnel etc.
    If you can find the number, there is a page for the US Coast Guard to help identify the type of boat. It's possible that the numbers have been painted over (if on the transom), or the plate's been removed. It does look like it's got a recent paint job on it, so they might be under it.
    Old Rigger's real good at identifying these hulls. If he says he doesn't think it's a Tahiti, it probably isn't.
    P.S. I agree that it's a good looking boat. For $800 (with the trailer) it seems like it'd be a real good deal. The trailer itself is most likely worth the $800.

hey, I was just guessin'.
    I was gone from Tahiti by '75 and on to Hawaiian. By by '75 most of the Tahitis should have had ID numbers in the right side of the transom. I say 'shoud' becuse it was the law by then, but there were many builders then who weren't using the numbers yet. Took a while for every one to get up to speed.
    I'm pretty sure Weiman was gone by '75 too, if this thing is a '75.
    The more I look at the pictures the more I like it. Got anymore shots of it, maybe from the front and the interior?
    Oh yeah, pull the trim off of 90% of butt fit boats and that's what the seam will look like, ie, the seam at the transom of this boat.

Educated guess..............

Dan, off topic, but did you see my response to your felling left out over team empty sack's dinner? I'm still feeling bad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast