Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stitches

phebus
    Just got done pulling all the stitches out of my belly. Sure feels good witout all that barbed wire sticking out of there poking me and hanging up on my clothes.

Tom Brown
    It's good to see you, phebus.

Flashover
    Glad to hear that you are doing well. Good luck on a full recovery. :crossx:

FMluvswater
    Just got done pulling all the stitches out of my belly. Sure feels good witout all that barbed wire sticking out of there poking me and hanging up on my clothes.
    That's a great healing milestone. Carry on. :smile: Glad to see you on and posting again. :smile:

JetBoatRich
    Good to hear you are doing better

Mrs. 4-B
    Hey, Zipper belly! Good to hear from you.

2Driver
    Good to hear your moving forward.
    I am at the 5 month mark of the exact same operation. L4-L5 & S1 front and back approches. So far so good, I got a new boat and been out twice but am still super carefull and working hard to get the old torso and body back in shape. Just take it super easy and don't push it.
    I assume you have something like this too?
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...P_0694-med.JPG

phebus
    Good to hear your moving forward.
    I am at the 5 month mark of the exact same operation. L4-L5 & S1 front and back approches. So far so good, I got a new boat and been out twice but am still super carefull and working hard to get the old torso and body back in shape. Just take it super easy and don't push it.
    I assume you have something like this too?
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...P_0694-med.JPG
    Today is the two week mark for a L3-L4, L4-L5, and L5-S1 fusion with a front and back approach. The pain is still intense, but my attitude is great, and can't wait until the first day I can say I am starting to feel better.
    How long did it take for you to go from the post op pain, until you noticed some positive imrovement?
    Thanks

dicudmore
    Rick very glad to hear you're progressing... Thats great news
    Hope to be able to see you on the water soon and maybe share some war stories

2Driver
    Today is the two week mark for a L3-L4, L4-L5, and L5-S1 fusion with a front and back approach. The pain is still intense, but my attitude is great, and can't wait until the first day I can say I am starting to feel better.
    How long did it take for you to go from the post op pain, until you noticed some positive imrovement?
    Thanks
    I see you had one more than I did. I'd say I was out of the big pain in a week . The 5 days in the hospital were pretty bad. They cranked my Morphine through the roof (I was taking 60 MG of Kadian and up to 180 MG of MSIR a day). I had some rough leg pain and sensations (never had before) due to the nerves being distrubed during the operation. They say it's normal and can take 12 - 18 months to get the lining back on the nerves and it to settle.
    Everyone is different with this stuff I understand. I can tell you now that all my back pain is gone and I am just moving through the 6-12 month process, but I did jump to early with the boat purchase I have to admit. It's not the smooth water riding but all the trailer stuff, cover, backing it in, wipe down you forget about that gets you. Give a call we can swap stories if you want. I'll PM you the number.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast