Thread: Odyssey Batteries

bohica
    What's the warranty on these batteries? I had Car Toyz install one of the PC1700 batteries in my Conquest when it was built 1 1/2 years ago. It won't take or hold a charge already. For a $250 battery, I'd expect it to last a little longer than it has.

WFS ADAM
    WE DO 3 YEARS :220v:

Jesster
    This is a link to the warranty Oddyssey Warranty (http://www.odysseybatteries.com/warranty.htm), I just purchased 2 2150's and was also curious. What are you using to charge the battery? Incorrect charging is the cause of most Odyssey failures.
    If you go to this web site Charging (http://www.odysseybatteries.com/charging.htm) it gives you the scoop. I am using an IOTA DLS-55 w/IQ4. Got it on ebay for 135.00. Do a search for IOTA or IOTA 55.
    Another charging link Charging 2 (http://www.windsun.com/Batteries/Bat...ery%20Charging)

77charger
    hohica i think alot of people have had probs with them in bugies also.
    aia hsve read if they go completly dead you need a special charger for them to get them back up again.
    I agree for the price you shouldnt have to worry about it

bohica
    From the warranty link above:
    "As an alternative, small, portable automotive chargers may also be used to charge your ODYSSEY® battery. These chargers are essentially designed to bring a discharged battery to a state of charge (SOC) that is high enough to crank an engine. Once this is successfully accomplished it is up to the engine alternator to fully charge the battery. It is important to keep this design philosophy in mind when using this type of charger."
    I use this type, should I use something different?
    And yes, we've had many problems with the Odyssey batteries in the sand. One weekend we had 3 buggies all with brand new batteries, have them go dead. I know Funco won't use them anymore. I've got a Interstate lawn and garden in mine, it's been great for 3 seasons now.

sigepmock
    I've had a few Odysseys now and for the sand and boats I run the Metal Jacketed batteries to help soak up the vibrations better. I also use as high amperage charger as I can that's recomended by Odyssey. This seems to really help them live a lot longer. I have had one or two problems in the past and Odyssey and West Coast Batteries have always taken care of me no questions asked. I'm getting ready to put two PC1700's in the boat along with an on board Promariner 20 amp charger.
    Have you called Odyssey yet?
    Chris

h2oski2fast
    I have 4 1200's in the cat for the stereo and run them to death. 3 years and it's just getting time to change them out. One thing about the oddyssey batteries its that they don't like to to sit around without a charge. I have been using these batteries for nearly 10 years now, and won;t use another type.

bohica
    Wow, all I can say is Car Toyz rocks.
    Frank read this post, called me, and will be going to my Havasu house to install a new battery. He also informed me it was a Stinger 1700 battery and not an Odyssey.
    Customer service like this is way beyond anything I would have expected. Big props to Frank and Car Toyz.

h2oski2fast
    Frank read this post, called me, and will be going to my Havasu house to install a new battery. He also informed me it was a Stinger 1700 battery and not an Odyssey.
    Customer service like this is way beyond anything I would have expected. Big props to Frank and Car Toyz.
    Same thing...... both are made by Hawker Energy.

sigepmock
    That's great news.......Way to go Frank. I'll make sure Car Toyz is my stop if I ever need anything while out in Havi.
    Chris