Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie question....

frdvschvy
    I have been lurking here for a while, and finally decided to post. I am taking a look at a 1997 Lavey Craft 21" XCS Closed bow this weekend. I have seen the boat once, but will have the opportunity for a test drive this weekend at Havasu. The boat is in imaculate condition, and has been very well maintained. It has a 454 mag, and the hour meter on the boat shows around 180 hrs. The boat also has a bimini top, CD/AM FM stereo, trim tabs (installed by current owner), and includes the trailer. The gel colors are definitely representative of a mid 90's boat, but is mostly white and looks flawless.
    I have grown up around boats, but this will be the first boat purchase for my family and I. The seller has not set an asking price, only to make an offer. What do you think would be fair to offer for this boat? Anything I should be concerned with, or pay special attention to with this boat?
    Thank you in advance for helping the newbie with a first boat purchase!

*!Ken's Wife!*
    N.A.D.A Marine Appraisal Guide says used tradi-in is 14,100 average retail is 16,390 and high retail is 19,340.
    You said it was is in good condition, so hope these numbers help!!

OGShocker
    :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: Welcome to the JUNGLE!!! :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

OGShocker
    N.A.D.A Marine Appraisal Guide says used tradi-in is 14,100 average retail is 16,390 and high retail is 19,340.
    You said it was is in good condition, so hope these numbers help!!
    I thought you were taking a nap?

Dribble
    Keep in mind that the same boat today probably goes for over 50K. You might want to call Lavey and see. A real clean 99 Essex 21' sold real quick here recently in the 29 K range. It sounds like this boat should sell in the low to mid 20K range.

*!Ken's Wife!*
    I thought you were taking a nap?
    Bobby woke me up. I was gonna go home, but last I heard the pass was closed for a freeeekin fraaakin fire!!!!!

frdvschvy
    :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: Welcome to the JUNGLE!!! :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
    Thanks! I am beginning to feel the symptons of THE SICKNESS now. I am afraid there is no turning back.

2Driver
    NADA guides are really off on custom stuff. If it is an MPI Mag with all the goodies and really clean I betting it might be more around 22K-25K +. Call Lavey for sure. Also you can have the engine hooked up to a computer at most shops and it will tell you the REAL hours not the guage hours. It will also give you fault codes and can even tell you time spent at various RPM's.
    There has been one in the trader all summer.... is that the one? Also do a search as there was a thread about this boat a few months back.
    Good Luck

2Driver
    Here is a comp. Call the guy and chat about it to compare. It looks nice too.
    http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/9/81116589.htm

Havasu Hangin'
    To get a ballpark figure...I'd look for similar boats in the boattrader online. It's a buyers market.
    Welcome. Please, no flash photography, and please keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast