Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone launch at Take-off point latley?

2Driver
    Wondering what that was like with Havasu down a bit.
    That can be a dicey ramp.

Outnumbered
    Wondering what that was like with Havasu down a bit.
    That can be a dicey ramp.
    Where is that?

riverroyal
    any boat over 28 feet,no way

2Driver
    Where is that?
    A nasty ramp on the very south end of the lake. I sucked rocks one year at low water just getting my Carrera off the trailer... and the fenders of the trailer we submerged
    BTW: I turned down 2 full price offers on the Chaparral yesterday. Can you believe it? I think I might just put it in the garage until my back settles down. Friggin' boats make you Schizophrenic..no they don't..yes they do..

riverroyal
    those boats resale fast,i had one

Not So Fast
    I know that when they improved it last winter that the work was done with the water at about 445' or maybe a little lower so the ramp should be pretty long. It is a challenging ramp for anyone not good at backing up especially in a 28 footer and I would assume at least positraction or 4 whl dr because it is steep. I would not try it with my boat or truck (Tundra) as I'm sure it would not be up to the task. Hope this helps NSF

riverroyal
    april,the water was so low at black meadow we couldnt launch,i drove up,looked out the window and left,drove to the springs,paid 10$ and used the ramp there

2Driver
    april,the water was so low at black meadow we couldnt launch,i drove up,looked out the window and left,drove to the springs,paid 10$ and used the ramp there
    The Springs...Yeah that might be the ticket. My back surely can't handle a bad ramp episode. Actually we should just go watch the race on Saturday and leave the boat home.

Outnumbered
    Go to Cattail Cove. We just went there last weekend and it was fine. Nice quiet family oriented and close to Phoenix.

Not So Fast
    Go to Cattail Cove. We just went there last weekend and it was fine. Nice quiet family oriented and close to Phoenix.
    SSSHHHHHHH! Geez!!!!!!!!!!! NSF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast