Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stabil Fuel Stabilizer

bohica
    Anyone know where I can pick up some in Havasu. Making my last boating trip and need to add some to the gas for the long winter storage. All I've seen is the tiny little cans.

Not So Fast
    Anyone know where I can pick up some in Havasu. Making my last boating trip and need to add some to the gas for the long winter storage. All I've seen is the tiny little cans.
    WalMart has it, but I will not be using it this year because after using it last winter and at start up of this year I found my engine ran extremely rich so I will just fill up with premium to offset the loss of octane whole the boat sits, but I also live here so we do use it a little all year long. Maybe just a coincidence since I have the already rich running 496HO. JMO :chi: NSF

Jyruiz
    WalMart has it, but I will not be using it this year because after using it last winter and at start up of this year I found my engine ran extremely rich so I will just fill up with premium to offset the loss of octane whole the boat sits, but I also live here so we do use it a little all year long. Maybe just a coincidence since I have the already rich running 496HO. JMO :chi: NSF
    That is what I do, but on the last trip of the season, I try to leave as little gas in the tank as possible. Then when I go to use the boat again, I will put premium.

Not So Fast
    That is what I do, but on the last trip of the season, I try to leave as little gas in the tank as possible. Then when I go to use the boat again, I will put premium.
    I've always been told to store the boat with full tanks????????????????????????????????? NSF

Jyruiz
    I've always been told to store the boat with full tanks????????????????????????????????? NSF
    I use to do that with my skis, and then when it came time to ride, they would start fine, but would not get over 3k rpms.

purrfecttremor
    Me to!

bohica
    Always been told to store with full tanks too. Empty tanks = more room for condensation.

riverroyal
    i hope not mines about a 1/4 per side with 91 oct and stabil,bought at napa in parker

Not So Fast
    i hope not mines about a 1/4 per side with 91 oct and stabil,bought at napa in parker
    Let us know what you find when you go to first start up, the back of my boat was really nasty black???????????? I would store it full though, besides you would probably save money by doing it now VS next summer when gas is $6 @ gal. :devil: :devil: NSF

Ziggy
    Thats absolutely right...fill the tanks to the top...leave no room for moisture build up inside the tank.
    Besides, fill it now so you won't pay $5 a gal. next season :squiggle:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast