Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CST lift or Fabtech lift ???

Magic34
    What about bulletproofsuspension.com? Grasspays has there 6" lift and loves it. I have there 12" and it is great. I am putting there 6" on my new truck
    Bulletproof is almost the same as CST.
    Call Barry at Custom Motorsports

ChumpChange
    Some of the issues with these lifts are greater CV wear caused by the increase in CV angles, the stock upper a-arms use pressed in ball joints that can work their way loose under heavy loads, these lifts do nothing to control the added leverage the larger tires put on the sterring components, Chevies are notorious for weak idle/pitman arms, I have seen them wear out and take the wheel bearings out in as little as 15,000 miles, and finally the longer spindles actually offset the front wheels outward about an inch, increasing the front wheel track width, basically the front wheels stick out farther than the back wheels.
    Chris
    All this happened to me. Fortunately, my wheel bearings lasted til 37,000 miles, just long enough for Chevy to give me grief about being out of warranty.

sigepmock
    All this happened to me. Fortunately, my wheel bearings lasted til 37,000 miles, just long enough for Chevy to give me grief about being out of warranty.
    Sorry to hear this Matt. I have a very good friend that happens to own a lift shop that could have saved you some $$$ and greif. Congarats on the house in Claremont.
    And even though he didn't buy WetWillie's boat and went back to Eliminator :hammer2: .....he still does some very nice work. I have pimped him out a hundred times on here but if you want his name and number I'll put it up again.
    Chris

Reaper1
    Sorry to hear this Matt. I have a very good friend that happens to own a lift shop that could have saved you some $$$ and greif. Congarats on the house in Claremont.
    And even though he didn't buy WetWillie's boat and went back to Eliminator :hammer2: .....he still does some very nice work. I have pimped him out a hundred times on here but if you want his name and number I'll put it up again.
    Chris
    Rancho Motorsports - Jason
    909-390-9722

INSman
    We have been running a CST 6" with 65,000 miles on the lift. I have had zero problems with the set up. The guy to call is Steve @ Accessory House, 909 621 5953. He is the #1 CST guy in So Cal. Tell him you heard it from "Dana Mark" in the HBF. He'll give you the straight scoop.
    Same truck,same great results, same kit, same installer !!!!!!!
    Get the CST and make sure to give Steve at the Accessory House a chance at your business

Mike Schmidt
    I installed the Fabtech, and the front end didn't 15K, had to replace the works.

Charley
    I was told the CST is a more true 6" lift and by what sigmpock just explained it makes perfect sense.... seems as if Fabtech does the lift without a consideration for the CV angles..... What about the RCD lift? is that a fabtech "like" lift or more like the CST?
    by the way willie.... here is a 6" CST with 37" X 13.50 Mickeys.... not a bad look and no rubbing going on here. I was P hair close to going with this set up but really wanted the 38" Toyos... which I needed the 9" lift to get.... I have No regret
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center.../3832_2_mt.jpg
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...500/3836MT.jpg

WetWillie
    I have a white Chevy.... Maybe just diffrent rims! What shocks is he running on that?? Looks pretty clean and saves money!!

Kilrtoy
    Hey CHARLEY
    minus the rimes and tires, how much was that lift on that white truck...

Charley
    I honestly don't know how much on the white truck but the guy I used is Jim Imzz of Imzz Indutries... he is a younger guy, his own shop, been doing it a while..was a seedling of donoho racing, did good work...was a little slow finishing the truck, but in all fairness I told him I had another truck to drive and I wasn't in a hurry...but I was very pleased with his service and follow up.
    Address: Imzz Industries
    155 Arovista Circle
    Brea, CA 92821
    Phone: 714.674.0072
    Fax: 714.674.0077
    http://www.imzzindustries.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast