Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's in your onboard toolbox?

hbpdub
    box cutter, electrical tape, wd40, spare mirror, 3 different types of pliers, 2 flashlights..., a pad so you can lie on the engine without bruises, leatherman or equal, $1,000 in cash, $1,000 in gold, $1,000 in rubels, 45 with two extra clips, pack of condoms, face paint, trip wires, m1a1 fuse(s), 1000 rds 5.56, 1000 rds 7.62, 2 paks cigs, 2 lighters, 2 other sets of ID, 2 sets bdu, red light readable map, 8 mre's (not sausage patty), satcom acc's, spare batts, spare ski rope, blender, yea, that's about it for a Friday night....
    That's what I call being prepared but I personally keep an AR15, AK47 and a mini 14 handy, shit while I'm thinking about it, I think I will mount the 50 cal in the passenger seat and call it a day. :crossx:

GUGS102
    I did not see RTV on that list, handy stuff if you are in a bind!!

CARLSON-JET
    I have a Soft toolbag I use, It has the usual stuff. Also I like a 4 in 1 screwdriver. I also carry a craftsman 1/4 drive deep socket set 3/16 to 9/16 and has a small case to keep it well organized. I also have a small battery/alt tester that checks 5 to 14 volts. instead of jumper cables I bring a jumper battery pack. weighs about the same as a set of good cables but no need for another boat. I use an HEI so I carry a spare module also. 1 expandable freeze plug. I set up a few jumper clips also using 12 guage wire, about 3ft. long. a shortend handle small ballpeen hammer and a punch. When I do any work on the boat I take note of the tools I use most often and set my Toolbag up with them. I also carry a few tools for the jetpump also. hex wrenches that fit and the torx bits I need. If I go for a road trip I include all tools I may need for the pump to change impellor and a spare used imp. and I also have a small grease gun with a rubber cap on the end for the pump zerks. the whole bag weighs less then 10 -12 lbs. weight I consider well worth it. A few spare bulbs for trailer and boat Nav. lights.

kp216
    I have a leatherman in the glovebox. My Olds has been so reliable, all I need the leatherman for is tightening up some speaker attachment screws on the stereo every once in a while.

49er
    duck tape,beer,and a big ****ing hammer

cyclone
    ICE chest filled with budlight, a paddle, some rope, and a spare blower belt although that's not really a necessity anymore. the toolbox stays in camp cause there's no room in the boat for it.

CARLSON-JET
    One of the MOST IMPORTANT things I have in my toolbag is an extra transom plug. Don't ask... R.B.

HBjet
    Boat up river = no tool box!

Kachina26
    Enough to change out a rocker arm, but most importantly, my Vessel assist card! Because it's easier to drink a beer under tow and fix it later

GunninGopher
    Instead of a lot of heater hose, I carry a smaller length of hose and 2 brass connectors with extra hose clamps. If I get a line break, I cut out break and splice in the patch. I've used it once to finish out the weekend.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast