Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Mankind a Favor

burtandnancy
    How do you start a National Mandate to eliminate - pennies. The one cent piece that is...I can't even find the cent sign on my keyboard anymore. There can't be any reason in our modern world for - pennies...

round off to the nearest 5 cent lot damn easier i hate pennies they only got
    for the fountains to wish on

Boy Named Sue
    The price of gas is like $2.89 9/10. Where do the 1/10 ths of a cent go? If nobody knows or cares, send them to ME!

Red Horse
    Overseas on Military installations everything is rounded to the nearest nickel. No pennies over here. The DoD has to ship money back and forth. They saved tons of money not having to ship pennies anymore.

obnoxious001
    No pennies in Australia. They do have confusing $1 and $2 coins, no bills smaller than the purple $5 note.

BBTAHITI
    So if gas is 2.90 9/10. you're gonna pay 2.95? You don't think anyone will round DOWN, do you? Or when a tax rate produces a penny value, it will be rounded up? Think about all the taxed purchases you make, and how it will impact you. And who gets the extra pennies? Ddin't burn many brain cells thinking about this, did ya?

burtandnancy
    I was referring to pennies, those copper things that we end up with in change, in our pockets, in jars, in the coin holder in our car, not the actual money value. Pennies in the form of CASH aren't worth their weight in scrap metal...

So what's the smallest value coin you'll bend over and pick up if seen laying on the ground.
    Penny?
    Nickle?
    Dime?
    I guess I should start a poll but am too lazy right now. lol

76ANTHONY
    penny, im a cheap bastard, that and with a brazilian of them i can get a bigger boat

btw if you make $20.00 an hour and it takes you over 2 seconds to bend over and pick up a penny, you just spent money vs doing something productive. :jawdrop:
    If you make $40, not only are you fortunate but you now have only one second to pick up that penny and not lose money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast