Thread: more parts needed

myoung
    Any body have a rudder for a Berkeley 12jc laying around they dont need. The plastic one on mine is broken and I'd like to change it to aluminum, just looking for a cheap deal on something used.

wet77
    I have a aluminum rudder that bolts on with one bolt.
    Its yours for the cost of shipping
    I will never use one for the fact of how many people I have known that had them and either broke them off or the whole nozzle with it :2purples:

maxwedge
    Sorry I just threw one out a few weeks ago. But if it makes you feel better It didn't do jack for the 19ft Jolly Roger it was attached to, except for get hung up at the boat ramp all the time. You could make the same thing out some sheet metal, but honestly it really didn't help anything.

myoung
    Really?
    So then, nobody runs them? I thought it would be needed for better control at slower speeds like in no wake zones or when docking and loading.
    What about cutting one for a thinner profile? Enough to steer, but not so much to get in the way. :idea:

olbiezer
    rudders have been kicked around on here for years seems the anti rudder guys always shout louder then the for a rudder guys........i used to use one.........but i understand there displeasures with useing one if u are in shallow stuff alot.....try it either way and see for yourself what works better for u......the good thing is that allthe anti rudder guys have one for sale cheep!!!!!

Call Tom Papp Racing, he has a shart load of used rudders!
    951-734-4606
    Todd