Thread: What Type Of Cam?

Mr. Crusader 83
    I Have A Stock 454. It Has An Edelbrock Intake Manifold With A Holley Carb. (750 Single Pumper) Msd Electronic Ign. With The 6a Box.
    What Kind Of Cam Should I Run?
    What Duration?
    Help.... Any Would Be Great
    Thanks Guys

malcolm
    Maybe the Edelbrock cam that matches your intake? Just a thought. Which intake is it? What's your compression ratio?

Mr. Crusader 83
    Its A Edelbrock Rpm Air Gap. Comp Ratio I Dont Know.. I Was Looking At The Comp Cam 280h. 2000-6000 Rpm Range.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Here's my mild 454 setup:
    aprox 8.5:1 flat-tops, cast
    Performer RPM Air Gap manifold
    Large oval port open chamber heads, 122cc chambers (353049's) iron
    Log exhaust becoming Lightning headers this winter
    700 CFM 4150 Holley double pumper, letted 66/76 w/ 6.5 power valve
    Iskendarian cam kit with springs, custom grind from DuaneHTP, .565" lift Hydraulic, 280* dur. 110* lobe centers. Is set straight up as Duane said he has it cut 4* advanced. People used to get it wrong advancing it so he just has it ground advanced.
    3/8" pushrods
    Stock long-slot stamped steel rockers. I may change to rollers this wintrer, steel rollers, no Al.
    Current 27 yr old Marvin Miller 75HP Nitrous setup changes to 100-150 HP NOS "Sniper" tunable setup this winter.
    12 Deg initial timing, unknown total, wil find out & set 36* next spring.
    Petronix Flamethrower setup replaces 1978 Prestolite this winter too.
    She starts and idles great (lopey but controlled) although a bit cold-blooded first light of the day, she's "just touch the key, not the pedal" all day long. Great throttle response with no holes or flat-feeling spots. Mash the throttle flat to the 'glass at idle, and she nevfer misses a beat, winds right now to 4,800 and we are GONE. Berk 12JF with "A" impeller (agressor "B" this winter). That's right at 350 honest HP in a pretty tight pump. The header change should make me 400. She's being ported next winter. Accordign to Dersktop Dyno, the cam just keeps on liking it better & better.
    I'd reccomend mine as it looks like you have almost my setup. :idea:

BigBlockBaja
    Its A Edelbrock Rpm Air Gap. Comp Ratio I Dont Know.. I Was Looking At The Comp Cam 280h. 2000-6000 Rpm Range.
    Im running that 280H cam and love it..

AZKC
    Look at the Comp Cam Extreme Marine cams They have a few grinds just for jets

Mr. Crusader 83
    Thanks Guys. I Thought That 280h Was Going To Be The Right One. Just Needed To Make Sure.
    I Ran At 62mph On Gps At 4800rpm's. The Pump Needs To Be Done The Speed Has Droped Off Over The Corse Of The Summer. Was Closer To 70 At The Start Of Summer. So I Think The Cam Will Help With A Fresh Pump...
    Thanks Though