Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: something we were working on here:

UltraSounds
    Monday, October 10, 2005
    Arc Audio, behind the World's loudest boat
    EL CAJON, CA - While long time car audio enthusiast will say car audio is all about putting a big sound system into something with 4 wheels, people like Demitrios Karabinis CEO of Arc Audio Inc. every year sets new trends and standards for that mind boggling demo vehicle that makes everybody stop in their tracks at trade shows and events. This year is no exception. As part of Arc AudioÂ’s 2006 Marketing campaign newly recruited marketing manager Fred Lynch was teamed up with Karabinis to make this years dreams become a reality.
    In June of 2005 Arc Audio joined forces in the marine market with El Cajon based boat manufacture, Ultra Custom Boats and owner John West. West has established his nitch in the high end custom boat market with such creations as the 27 Shadow and the 28 Stealth and appearances at those hot weekend get-a-way’s at places like Lake Havasu as well as his involvement with boats for shows like Fear Factor, MTV’s senseless acts on video, Monster Garage, and Junkyard Wars. West noted, “Arc Audio is providing us with one of the best sounding and performing products on the market. Their support and customer service is above that of any manufacture I have ever dealt with and look forward to the continued combined force we have created.
    To add to their TV portfolio Ultra Boats and West recently teamed up with Cable network OLN for a new reality based TV series called “Rock the Boat” Produced by Gurney Productions. The new series premiering on November 6th airing at 8 pm est/pst will focus on a series of these based boat building challenges while film crews catch all of the daunting and sometime humorously drama filled moments from resident installers Jason Ewing and Cabe Sikes.
    Arc Audio teamed up with West and Gurney Production to provide support for the series with product and support for all of the projects which after seeing the successful results of the first few builds Arc Audio saw the light of potential in an all audio based episode.
    Arc Audio enlisted the help of its top installers to converge onto the small town of El Cajon and with the help of system designer Fred Lynch and resident Ultra Boats installers Ewing and Sikes the Missions was set to build the Worlds loudest boat within 7 days. On September 17 build team members, Fred Lynch from Arc Audio, Jason Ewing and Cabe Sikes from Ultra Custom Boats, Chris Merrill and Scott Babson from Kustom Kar Audio in Santa Rosa, Todd Huffman from Paragon Marketing, and Chris Irish from Next FX all started on the task of building the worlds loudest boat while meeting all of the marketing needs and specific guidelines that were set for all of the products in this project.
    Sponsoring Manufacturers, Select Products, Dynamat, Stinger, Mercruiser, XM Radio, Stockton Honda Yamaha, Iota Engineering, VeaLink, D+S Upholstery and Ultra Custom Boats all donated the right combination of products to permit such goals to be met. The product list includes over ½ mile of wire, 600 lbs of batteries, over 25,000 of power, multiple generators and power supplies, a onboard computer system from Vea Link, (12) 15inch subwoofers and a huge array of components and processors to control all of these components all with the requirement that everything had to be visible with nothing hidden.
    System Designer Fred Lynch noted, “This project was inspired by passion and love car audio. Ultra Boats and Gurney productions has created a way to help promote the 12 volt industry and a project like this is our way to help draw attention to the 12 volt industry as a whole.”
    For 7 days the crew of 7 stayed up for some really long tiring nights and put in over 800 man-hours in less than a week to finish the boat by their 7-day deadline. The Arc Audio episode of “Rock the Boat” airing at 10 p.m. on November 27th promises to show everything from conception and design of this monstrous bow breaker to some extremely hilarious adventures and actions such as “The Reckoning”, Sikes’ encounter at 2 am with the staple gun in his bottom, and the catastrophic effects and demonstration of just how easily sound waves can explode a vehicle.
    7 days after the start of the build and at the finish the team of 7 had been up with no sleep for over 50 hours, and all of the efforts with less than 5 minutes before the deadline the sleeping monster came alive. With West and his Wife Leah in the jump seat and other Ultra Boats employees the entire building started to shake and rattle and everybody involved had realized just how big of a monster they had created.
    West says, “It was the loudest thing I have ever heard. Almost effortlessly took every our of breath out of my body.” As West walked away he was then heard quietly saying, “I hope the boat holds together”.
    The boat is scheduled to be unveiled at Arc AudioÂ’s outside booth at the SEA show in Las Vegas starting on November 1st. The boat along with the matching Harley Davidson towing rig will be on display during show hours in the main lot at the SEMA studio pavilion where Are Audio will be involved in this years build with Chip Foose and OverhaulinÂ’. Project Wet dreams will also be on display at the international CES show in Arc AudioÂ’s booth in the North Hall booth #5618.
    taken from the www.12volt.com
    http://12volt.com/archives/2005/imag...s/IMG_8105.jpg
    (Above) (R to L): Demitrios Karabinis - CEO Arc Audio, Chris Merril- Installer Kustom Kar Audio Santa Rosa, Cabe Sikes - Installer Ultra Custom Boats, Todd Huffman - Paragon Sales and Marketing, Scott Babson - Installer Kustom Kar Audio, Jason Ewing - Installer Ultra Custom Sounds, Mitchell James - Installer Ultra Custom Boats, Fred Lynch - Arc Audio Marketing and Advertising, (up Left) Chris Irish - Next FX.
    http://12volt.com/archives/2005/imag...s/DSCN3129.jpg
    http://12volt.com/archives/2005/imag...ages/80497.jpg
    http://12volt.com/archives/2005/imag...s/DSCN3139.jpg

BoatFloating
    What???? Are you kidding... :jawdrop: Wow I hope it floats and has a big motor.... :hammer2:

mbrown2
    I feel for the fish...

Kachina26
    Don't get in that thing with your credit cards in your wallet, that's alot of magnets.

ROZ
    More proof that the 12 market is shrinking.. A year and a half ago no vendor would have spent the energy on a project like this. There were only about 4 major vendors even in "marine" audio, and now almost everyone has a stake in it.
    The boat looks great, will turn a lot of heads, and will bring a lot more attention to performance audio in the boating industry .
    It appears you've done a great job with a project that will undoubtably raise more than a few eyebrows at the shows this year

Beer-30
    I wonder what it weighs.

riverbound
    More proof that the 12 market is shrinking.. A year and a half ago no vendor would have spent the energy on a project like this. There were only about 4 major vendors even in "marine" audio, and now almost everyone has a stake in it.
    The boat looks great, will turn a lot of heads, and will bring a lot more attention to performance audio in the boating industry .
    It appears you've done a great job with a project that will undoubtably raise more than a few eyebrows at the shows this year
    Yah.. what ROZ said. I have seen a big shift in the "marine" focus in the 12v industry. it now seems that every manufacturer is producing a marine line. to try and get a piece of the market. Looks lke you guys did a very good job and I look forward to seeing theboat in person some day.

UltraSounds
    roz, you make a good point. But the boat was conceived because of my prior competition history using ARC AUDIO, and the fact that i know the CEO, he also saw the oppurtunity to have a 1 hour commercial made as an episode on our show.
    But your points are still valid, and i agree with you on that. Our market is shrinking and we need to branch out into other things, hence why i started doing boats, and moved across the country to do it. I was at Tweeter for a few years doing install training in region 2. I guess i could have stayed, but was looking for something more.

ROZ
    I was at Tweeter for a few years doing install training in region 2. I guess i could have stayed, but was looking for something more.
    Don't blame you there
    Be glad you got out, times are a changing big time. I bet next year is Tweeter's last with 12v ....

riverroyal
    or who ever else can answer this,how many batteries?and wheres the generator?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast