Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quitting Smoking??

al cole'holic
    I quit Dec 18th and feel really good! By far the worst was the first 2 days, I thought for sure it would just be another failed attempt at quiting but after that I was ok...now its just a little weird with that hand empty while drinking It is something I have been wanting to do for a while, glad I did it now...good luck to anyone going for a New Year's Resolution

INSman
    I am going to give it a shot as well, it's been 20yrs now so it's time to let my last bad habbit from my youth go. wish me luck
    Karl
    You can do it !!! I am sure it is not the easiest thing to do, but I lost my mom when she was only 50 due to lung cancer, obviously caused by those nasty coffin nails

Forkin' Crazy
    quiting smoking was easy for me ,lets not talk about the giving up beer :argue: :rollside: GOOD LUCK
    No shit!!!!
    Beer? NEVER!!!!! :crossx:
    BTW I quit smoking cigs last April from over 25 years!!! :220v: Best thing I have ever done... Everything actually smells... Plus... more money for BEER!!!

Panic Button
    Smoked the last one about 2 hours ago, we'll see how long it lasts.

FMluvswater
    Beware of 3's and 7's seriously! It's what I learned going through Canadian Cancer Society Fresh Start Quit Smoking program in 1997. 3rd (hour, day, week, month year, and 7th (hour, day, week, month, year and all multiples inclusive) those are times when you might be most vulnerable to go back tro smoking but if you know and plan ahead what you'll do you can win! :smile: It'll be 8 years for me on January 29th - also my birthday - best gift I ever gave myself. Much luck and strength to any and all attempting to beat the nic addiction. Never give up trying! Count even an hour without as a success and build from there! No self beatings. If you're making the effort you're doing great!

Flying Tiger
    Does nic-o-fit gum or patches help?

bigq
    Might want to change the boat also..

FMluvswater
    No shit!!!!
    Beer? NEVER!!!!! :crossx:
    BTW I quit smoking cigs last April from over 25 years!!! :220v: Best thing I have ever done... Everything actually smells... Plus... more money for BEER!!!
    Right on! Way to go FC! Congrats!

HOSS
    I quit for 13 weeks and went back. Been smoking round bout 8 months now. Doin it too. I set my goal on Monday. Just get the first day down. Then build from there.
    Remember one thing,,,you can do whatever you want except smoke another cigarette for as long as you live. Ever.
    At 4 bucks a day here and smoke more when boozing,,,I figure I save 250 a month from quitting and live life without coughing and sinus headaches.
    They don`t do one GOD damn good thing for you either.

al cole'holic
    ...how are you guys holding out here, be honest! I am actually fine, hell I played cards last night til about 3am and half the table was smoking...I really didn't want one and was ok

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast