Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quitting Smoking??

maxwedge
    I quit about five years ago for about the 500th time. That one finally took. Cold turkey, but I went to the gym a lot and ran, avoided smoker friends and bars, so I would feel better about getting in shape. Best thing I ever did and one of the hardest too. Impossible to explain to a non smoker. I will warn you, I was a pissed off asshole to everybody for the first month or so. But I Feel way better now at 34 than I ever did as a 16YO smoker. Great sense of accomplishment and personal satisfaction knowing I kicked the habits ass. :crossx: Just do whatever it takes, pray for help, chew gum, join a class, get hypnotized, go talk with some people who are dying of emphasima and cancer, run a marathon whatever. Most importantON'T EVER QUIT TRYING TO QUIT! It's worth it to you and your family to no you will be around a while longer.

Wet Dream
    Day 8, and I'm doing very well. I have no desire to start up again, but the first 4 days were HELL. It felt like I was drunk. My head was in a stupor.
    I tried not to snap at people, and I held it all together. Not smoking has taken the wind out of my sails though. I don't have the desire to drink. Probably because when I drink, I like to smoke.

bigq
    Day 8, and I'm doing very well. I have no desire to start up again, but the first 4 days were HELL. It felt like I was drunk. My head was in a stupor.
    I tried not to snap at people, and I held it all together. Not smoking has taken the wind out of my sails though. I don't have the desire to drink. Probably because when I drink, I like to smoke.
    So you are saving your liver and lungs...nice job keep it up, it gets better day by day.

Tom Brown
    I'm really going to do it, but I'll feel sorry for the people around me for the next few days.
    Don't. Taking care of yourself is one of the nicest things you can do for the people you love.
    Congratulations on your current success and good luck.

Tom Brown
    BTW I quit smoking cigs last April from over 25 years!!!
    You rock, FC.

mondorally
    .....No self beatings......
    Now is that if I quit smoking or if I don't? I mean, what you're demanding is really a serious sacrifice. I'll have to think this one through..... :rollside:
    Justin

FMluvswater
    Now is that if I quit smoking or if I don't? I mean, what you're demanding is really a serious sacrifice. I'll have to think this one through..... :rollside:
    Justin
    If you quit and it don't stick don't beat yourself up regain your courage and quit again as many times as it takes until you identify yourself internally as an ex-smoker or even a non-smoker. You can do it. Many addicts have kicked THIS habit. In this case be a sheeple!

mondorally
    If you quit and it don't stick don't beat yourself up regain your courage and quit again as many times as it takes until you identify yourself internally as an ex-smoker or even a non-smoker. You can do it. Many addicts have kicked THIS habit. In this case be a sheeple!
    What you're saying is exactly right. It's all in your head - and like you said - you may have to quit 100 times before it clicks that you can quit smoking. But I just couldn't help interpret the "self beatings" the wrong way! :rollside:
    Justin

FMluvswater
    What you're saying is exactly right. It's all in your head - and like you said - you may have to quit 100 times before it clicks that you can quit smoking. But I just couldn't help interpret the "self beatings" the wrong way! :rollside:
    Justin
    :wink: Wrong way? LOL!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123