Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how much trouble would I get in????

hoolign
    No offence but..If it was my house in question I would not be on ***boat, I'd be doing everything in my power to protect my house..I'd deal with any consequences later!
    Good luck with your house!

Wet Dream
    Pump it!!

phebus
    If you are worried about getting caught, just keep your garage door closed, pull a toilet in the house, and pump it down the drain. If your toilet is still flushing without backing up, the sewer line is still draining.

scarabrick2
    pump it into the clean out hole along side teh house. Most time its by the kitchen or by the water supply inlet before teh water main goes into the house
    Rick

doesitfloat?
    Pump the fukker! It's easier to ask for forgivness than permission. not barring the fact that you have the right to protect your property !!!
    Just curious...where does it state that you have the "right" to violate the law (or municipalities rules) to protect your house?
    Sorry, but I think the term, "you have the right to..." is the most overapplied term in our language.

WUTWZAT
    If I opened up my clean out and started pumping the rain water out of my garage and into the Sewage line???? Waters gaining about a 1/4" every 10 mins or so
    I think the problem would be if you were letting sewage into the street. Here your just pushing the sewage further down stream with a little cleaner than usual water. Is someone going to complaign that there isn't enough feeces in what your flushing?
    Jason

hoolign
    Just curious...where does it state that you have the "right" to violate the law (or municipalities rules) to protect your house?
    Sorry, but I think the term, "you have the right to..." is the most overapplied term in our language.
    well ..you have the right .to your opinion..
    was that over applied???
    I think "oh you'll need a permit for that" is an over used statement! As well as "most contractors favorite"..."it's gonna cost 20 % more than the quote!"
    When it comes to my house and belongings.. If it's flooding..you better hope I like you neighbor because..if not.. your yard is going to become my berm!

ryantparks
    "kick his ass Seabass"

doesitfloat?
    well ..you have the right .to your opinion..
    was that over applied???
    I think "oh you'll need a permit for that" is an over used statement! As well as "most contractors favorite"..."it's gonna cost 20 % more than the quote!"
    When it comes to my house and belongings.. If it's flooding..you better hope I like you neighbor because..if not.. your yard is going to become my berm!
    Good way to NOT answer my question..

hoolign
    Good way to NOT answer my question..
    If your just in the mood for argueing...I'm all over it!
    and actually I DID answer your question! Maybe not directley with a : see subsection bladda bladda bladda of the Municipality code for floods"
    I'm not up on the "codes" or Laws governing "emergency actions regarding dwellings" but.. up here it's Protect your property!, we got flooded out bad this summer. I was actually stranded for 10 days. Typically your not "allowed by LAW to disturb rivers, creeks, etc... due to silt disturbance! ( and thats a big ...and I mean big! freakin fine!!!) BUT when the water rose 6 feet at the river bank and threatened my inlaws property, we grabbed the D-7, the Hoe's and a gravel truck..and pushed, hauled in rock and forced the river back! When all was said and done and the property was not lost ..We called in fish and wild life, forestry and the municipality head to either approve what we did or penalize us..and were told " you have the right to protect your property! end of story.
    By the time you would have applied for your permits. asked permission yada yada yada, 5 million would have been washed away!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast