Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Info on California City??

riverracerx
    I have the opportunity to purchase some investment property in California City. I drove out there last weekend and there isn't much there. Anyone have any opinions on the area?
    I have heard rumor of a super Wal*Mart and some other big developments in the works.
    Also some govt. contracts have just been signed to get more work back out there near/at the base.
    Anyone know what a 3+2 house would rent for there?
    Opinions??
    Thanks.

dimarcobros
    Where is it?
    DMB

GrapeApe
    Ponch says that it's a Great Buy...
    *** Grape Ape ***

BajaMike
    Where is it?
    DMB
    Ya...where is it??

WYRD
    We are a contractor for Verizon and I know over the last two years they have spent alot of energy and money in upgrading the phone switches in that area. Don't know if that helps but the utillity companies usually know of a construction boom before anybody else. :idea:

Mrs.Racer277
    Great place to dirt bike ride.

disco_charger
    Meth is cheap and plentiful there! Also, your renters could become cookers, and then they'd always be able to pay the rent...

Hustler
    They have been talking about trying to build out there for years. I'm sure one day they will but I looked into property out there over 12 years ago and nothing has changed in that town since. I ride out of there several times a year so I see it pretty often.

Chris,
    Personally i wouldn't invest in anything in that area. I grew up In the area and lived there until I was in my 20's. I even still have friends that live up there and a family member in Cal City. There has always been "rumors" of this company moving in or this great thing that's going to happen. The only thing that has transpired is that alot of criminals move up there because they can afford cheap housing and there isn't enough law enforcement in the area to keep an eye on them. The crime rate is getting out of control and there is no sign of an enflux of $$$$ coming to the area. The actual city of California City is one of the largest cities (in regards to actual square mileage) in California, but they have an understaffed, underpaid, overworked police department. The area around it is covered by the sheriff's department that normally only has a couple deputies to partol several surrounding cities (Mojave, Boron, and the rural desert communities). Basically, if I was running from someone or looking to start a meth lab, I'd be all over moving up there...other than that, invest elswhere....
    My .02 cents

Kilrtoy
    My buddy at works agree's with 918....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast