Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you had the ability to purchase a brand new jetboat...

maxwedge
    what would you buy, and why?
    A friend e-mailed me this question and I thought it might make for some good discussion. I have a bad feeling she might have been reffering to those things that Sea Doo sells, but assuming she isn't, what's the answer? Hell, even if she is? Probably talking about recreational lake boats here, not top fuel hydros... I've never really considered buying a new jet boat, so I don't really even know what's out there?
    EDIT:
    Okay I got a little claification on exactly what she's looking for...I'll just post up her e-mail (the names have been deleteted to protect the guilty,lol).....
    No, not the sea doo or yamaha things. ****** called this morning because she was thinking of maybe surpising my dad with a boat as like an early birthday present. He's continuing on his weird midlife crisis/need to be a cool dad thing and I guess the other water "vehicles", the canoe, sunfish, pontoon and fish n ski, are just not doing it for him. And I think ***** been giving him crap about not having any fun toys up at the cabin. She specifically mentioned you and jetboat when she asked. I don't know how much money is a factor. I mean, my dad looks for a deal, but he's not cheap. I'm thinking used is probably just as good as new because in a year or 2 the idea will grow old or he just won't enjoy it like he thought he would.
    Now who thinks they have the cure for this guys midlife crisis? Might be a chance to sell your boat if nothing else....

Devilman
    Something that rides a little better in choppy water, I guess. Hard to say. Not sure if I'd want one, I'd be worried about it getting trashed. Besides, mine is paid for. :crossx:

Taylorman
    19 Ultra Shadow for speed or a 21 Ultra deck for a family jet. Money no object a Trident.

jetboat
    almost like devilmans answere,since my other half has other feelings with the currant boat,why not go for broke.22 outlaw with twin 572s and blown.that might put some wind her xxa.

Aluminum Squirt
    21' Eagle Tunnel, with a roll cage, a DNE or AMS motor and a regular lake nozzle so it would still be quick out of the hole-Aluminum Squirt

Wicked Performance Boats
    We would get another "18 WICKED I" Gullwing from us at WICKED Performance Boats. She handles the rough waters as well as smooth water. Planes right out from start and keeps on going. Wicked :220v: A very safe and durable and easy to control jetboat. Julie and Pat

jdf
    if we did a new one it would have to be a wicked one

NautiTwins
    COLE just like the one I had. The perfect boat for me. If they were still around I would build a brand new one. Different colors maybe. Way bigger MOPAR. I just love the way those hulls look.
    Second Choice would be a Wicked, candy blue, big blown motor with white interior.

Wicked Performance Boats
    thanks, jdf and NautiTwins. We are ready when you are !!! Julie and Pat :220v:

Nucking futs
    Key work here is "JET" boat. I would have to say a 21' TPR, but Im also leaning towards the new 18 Wicked. If it was any boat, I would love a 21 river cruiser by schiada like sofa king smooths.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast