Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dirt bike spot??

riverracerx
    I live in the SCV and haven't ridden bikes for several years now. My son is 7 and has an XR50 and I want to find a spot close to home that is just dirt, flat and legal to ride. He is still a bit scared so I am lucky to get an hour out of him before he gives up, that is why I don't want to drive far. Plus, I don't have another bike yet, so unfortunately I have to run behind him.
    Anyone know of a close place near Valencia that I can just get him on the bike to practice? Once he gets proficient I will be getting another bike to keep up. Preferably a CRF250X.
    Thoughts?

Mrs.Racer277
    Gorman?

bordsmnj
    head east to el mirage dry lake bed. lotsa flats easy access and some minor hills and stuff around the edges. good learning place real mellow family vibe. i think it's a half hour or so east of palmdale and just west of adelonto on the 395

Unforgiven
    whats this got to do with boats naked woman and sex??

Sleek-Jet
    whats this got to do with boats naked woman and sex??
    One thing led to the other...

bordsmnj
    dirtbikes are right there!

Mrs.Racer277
    dirtbikes are right there!
    I agree!

Unforgiven
    I agree!
    thats right..you would know all about being naked in the desert

IN2MX
    Go to Rower Flats........take soledad cyn east to sierra hwy, then turn left (North) and it will be on the left hand side about 5 miles up....You cant miss it......
    BLM land so make sure you have green sticker and spark arrestor.......You will also need a 5.00 day adventure pass, u can get one at the local liqour store or ranger station.....
    Have fun!

Boa1277
    Start him at a local school, maybe on the weekend when no one is around, usually a little 50 wont cause to much of a comotion, just make sure there is no goal posts around. Make sure he knows how to use his brakes and throttle real well before you get him around other riders or any place that has elevation changes.. Good Luck. and take pictures...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast