Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: emptying out old gas...

Essex29
    the gas is 7 months old...I am not worried about the disposal, I have someone who will take it away for me.
    How do I use the fuel pump to pump it out?

77charger
    makes good for lawn mower too.those rattle ball siphon work real good my brother has one i use an old elect pump
    I am the opposite i add gas to my boat it seems to burn just about anything.Never have more than half tank though then add new when i go.I usually have gas sit for a few months and not a problem.Motor is a 350 mag carburated.

Havasu Hangin'
    How do I use the fuel pump to pump it out?
    Disconnect the fuel line at the fuel rail, and disconnnect the ignition- then turn the key on (or jump the fuel pump with a 12+ positive wire if it has an oil pressure cutoff). Maybe some surgical hose and a clamp will get the gas out of the boat and in a can on the ground.
    I'd syphon as much as possible, then use the fuel pump to finish it off...but that's just me.

canuck1
    1. Launch boat
    2. turn key and start
    3. drive untill boat stops
    4. put more fuel in

77charger
    be careful of spillage near the motor.Youd be surprised how easy it can ignite.I know this personally.Done it more than once this way but only had a fire one time as soon as i turned on the key it lit up.After that i would get the hose as far away from the motor as possible.
    I would have to agree with HH :rollside: this one time

LUVNLIFE
    1. Launch boat
    2. turn key and start
    3. drive untill boat stops
    4. put more fuel in
    This is the correct answer for living in CoCal. USE THE BOAT.

Froggystyle
    Before you take the fuel rail fitting off as Jeff suggested, make sure there isn't any pressure in the line, or make sure you are very careful when you bleed it off.
    Most injection systems will leave the system and rails charged at 45 PSI or so, which is considerable. Just turning your key on for a second will charge these lines up. So, make sure you don't test your key before doing this and if you can bleed off the pressure somehow, do it.
    I have taken a 45psi fuel line off recently and it was an amazing amount of spray. Be careful.

Jyruiz
    How about just adding higher octane gas to bring the gas in the tank higher. Of course, this only works if you have room in the tank.

cola
    I hear Essex has a good service dept. Give me the keys & I will take care of the gas.
    Late, Mike

fourspeednup
    What do I need to do to get the old gas out of my boat??
    Siphon? Tell me there is a mechanical siphon out there I can buy....
    You've got a water separator....I'll fill the cooler, now you add some decent fuel and we'll go hit up Castaic next week when this rain quits

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast