Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJBA Registration - Rio Bravo Closed!

Hey everyone ... I was just informed that the Rio Bravo has closed. Possibly for good. We will be moving registration to the track Friday 5pm until ??? 7:30pm ??? It will be held right next to the tower tralier.
    Saturday morning will be as it always is ... front gate starting at 7:00 am ...
    We have been aware of the condition of the hotel/property and it's decline ... it is unfortunate, but we all have watched the place go downhill over the last 6-7 years ...
    See you all at the track!
    Brian

cyclone
    good riddance. let's bulldoze that place and put a real bar in that isn't closed on saturday night, with a spa that isn't broken all year long.

Bobbo541
    I knew it was only a matter of time. See ya Friday.
    Thanks Bob

I knew it was only a matter of time. See ya Friday.
    Thanks Bob
    Exactly ... they really let the place go down hill ... we looked at the tennis courts during the June race & they had 4' weeds growing out of the cracks in the cement ...
    What a shame ... back in the day, going there on Friday night was just as fun as racing ... tons of girls working in the bar, everyone packing the place, etc.
    Oh well ... now Tailgaters is the happening spot for everyone ... downtown, but just as much fun.

Squirtin Thunder
    Brian, so what is the closest Hotel/Motel to the track that is and will be open ???

Hey Jim ...
    I'm not too sure about the closest ... but there are a lot of ones down the 178 ...
    Years ago we used to stay at the Quality Inn ... they're still inexpensive ... not the nicest place in the world ... but we could park our vehicles right outside the sliding glass door ... nice when you come in late Friday night and still have your boat ...
    Quality's number is 661-325-0772
    The official hotel for NJBA is the Holiday Inn Express ... they have a block of rooms set aside at a discounted rate for NJBA members, usually those go quickly ... their number is 661-323-1900 website: http://holidayinnbakersfield.com/
    Finnally there is the old NJBA official hotel, The Red Lion ... a lot of members still stay there, the GM (Sam) was quite picky about NJBAer's and their party practices (not liking them) so we switched hotels to one that wanted to cater to us a bit more ... the Red Lion's number is (661) 327-0681
    Remember that these all are downtown ... so there is a 10-15 minute drive to the lake ... but it's nice to be in town for dinner/breakfast/etc.
    Hope to see you out there!
    Brian

77charger
    There aint nothing that compares to staying track side.IMO just pay the 25 buck camping fee bust out the bbq,respect ranger TJ and you are fine for the night.No duis to worry about no missing alm clocks,longer sleep,roll out of bed and ready to race.
    Those were my memories from the races

Fu*king Johnny. That place sucked anyways.

cyclone
    There aint nothing that compares to staying track side.IMO just pay the 25 buck camping fee bust out the bbq,respect ranger TJ and you are fine for the night.No duis to worry about no missing alm clocks,longer sleep,roll out of bed and ready to race.
    Those were my memories from the races
    unless you're going to give me a free toy hauler to put my boat in i'll have to keep on staying at motel notel.

djdtpr
    The bar closed to early the hot tub was cold and the pool furniture would cut the hell out of ya but besides that i kinda liked it there and it was convinient.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast