Thread: Valves

Bow Tie Omega
    Hey all. A question about valves. What should I run.I have Cast Iron Oval Ports, Mild Port and Polish, Moderate Cam, Roller Rockers, etc,etc. The Motor is expected to be around 500 hp when done. My brother states I need a good set of valves that will be tollerent to the continous changes in temp for the exhaust valves in a Marine Motor. I just bought the Milidon Megaflows (1.88, 2.19) stock length. Should I exchange them or should I be fine...Thanks in advance..Joe

GofastRacer
    Well, from your description, I take it you won't be using a very radical cam and turning a lot of rpm's with it, if this is true, those valves are more than adequate!, just make sure your headers are properly plumbed properly, one drop on an exhaust valve and there goes a bunch of money!... Just my .02.. eek!

wideopen545
    go severe duty no much more in cost your already their spend a couple of more bucks and be safe

Craig
    Severe Duty intakes and Inconel exhaust, only valves Manley recommends for a boat.

Hotcrusader76
    I second that...Inconnel Exhaust valves. Awesome material that is superior to S.S.
    ~Ty

Bow Tie Omega
    Ok you guys, these Inconnel Valves. Do they go under another name. Where can I find them online?
    Would Summit have them? Any help is appreciated...Thanks again..Joe

Craig
    check out manleyperformance.com They have an online catalog, page 5 and 6 have some info on the valves. You can get the part number and probably order them from any company that stocks Manley.

Bow Tie Omega
    Thanks for all the help guys...Joe