Thread: ok peeps please help me

marty722
    I have answered alot of computer questions for alot of ***boaters and I was the one that sold alot of laptops to you guys but now I need a question answered. Here we go.
    I took the boat out today and had a great time but heres the problem.
    1. The boat took a really long time to start but it finally did. It starts no problem when it's warmed up.
    2. top end it sputters. If you nail the pedal all they way down it sputtrers. If I baby it and go about half way to get on a plan and back off it's fine.
    Mid range is good. Top end is bad. I'm thinking carb rebuild. Secondaries maybe bad? Am I right? I come from the old school and did alot of my own work when I was younger but have been out of it for along time. I need to get this done soon as we have a trip coming up. Any help would be great.

502 JET
    What carb and ignition system are you running?Check fuel pressure,ignition system/timing, andfuel/water seperator.

Fiat48
    1. The boat took a really long time to start but it finally did. It starts no problem when it's warmed up.
    The float bowls were probably dry.
    2. top end it sputters. If you nail the pedal all they way down it sputtrers. If I baby it and go about half way to get on a plan and back off it's fine.
    Possible accelerator pump problem. Dried out or on Holley the check needle may be stuck closed.
    Mid range is good. Top end is bad. I'm thinking carb rebuild. Secondaries maybe bad?
    Prolly right on carb rebuild. Check fuel system for water and check that fuel filter.

marty722
    I think your right. I'm going to have a full tune up and hopes it will run better. Thanks

Hallett19
    Sounds like a tune-up and check the timing, also the carb could be dropping fuel into the bowls while the motor is off, leaking needle and seat I believe.
    Burbank, ha ? Im over in Eagle Rock, I used to work in Burbank !