Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ride Rite

Sportin' Wood
    Anyone been through the Ride Rite rider course?
    Just finished the 15 hour MSF course out at Corona. I have been riding offroad allmost my whole life and never on the street so I thought I would take the course. I found the class room part to be a little slow but the on bike portion was pretty good. I learned a few things about the guys that spout off, and show up for class on there bad a$$ bikes........ They almost bombed the rider test this afternoon.
    Real good class I was surprised. I missed one on the written and was one of only two that aced the ride portion. I have never been on the street.
    Guess I might have to start looking for a bike now. :idea:

DEEZ NUTTS
    If you get a sport bike go to open track days. After 1 trip to the track you wont want to ride on the street again.

Kilrtoy
    WOW, That is awesome, wish more people would take that class.....

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    WOW, That is awesome, wish more people would take that class.....
    I wish they had it for boaters
    Whoops Wrong computer.. Jeff

Kilrtoy
    I agree and put a minimun age to boot

phebus
    Whoops Wrong computer.. Jeff
    More importantly, I wish they had it for lake lice.

Redrider
    Hey SW,
    First off it is great to see people taking safety courses/classes!
    Second, just some advice. I work for American Honda and if you are a HRCA member (39.95 per year) we will pay up to 75$ per year for you to take a rider course. We feel MSF rider safety courses and even track days are way important. Take a look on line or call 1-800-847-HRCA for more info. Might be able to save you some $$$. We also get great deals on Freddy Spencer track days, check it out. www.Honda.com
    Good luck and be safe,
    Bill :hammerhea

dirty old man
    My story is exactly yours, we may have been in the same class together. I rode many, many years ago - dirt only. Now I have a v-rod. My instructor was Vaughn

JustMVG
    Hey SW,
    First off it is great to see people taking safety courses/classes!
    Second, just some advice. I work for American Honda and if you are a HRCA member (39.95 per year) we will pay up to 75$ per year for you to take a rider course. We feel MSF rider safety courses and even track days are way important. Take a look on line or call 1-800-847-HRCA for more info. Might be able to save you some $$$. We also get great deals on Freddy Spencer track days, check it out. www.Honda.com
    Good luck and be safe,
    Bill :hammerhea
    Bill can you get me a great deal on a right side mirror for my 02' CBR600F4I, dealer wants a 100 bucks. Didn't crash but was waiting for a friend , stopped and got off the bike, but the ground was uneven, when i went to get back on i didn't see the drop off on my right side and couldn't catch myself and the bike and she just went over real slow and snapped the right mirror stalk. Damn i hate when that happens.

Sportin' Wood
    My story is exactly yours, we may have been in the same class together. I rode many, many years ago - dirt only. Now I have a v-rod. My instructor was Vaughn
    I was in the room next door with Larry, Met Vaughn at the ride portion on Weds. Did You get Alison as a ride coach also? Man that lady could ride,great instructors all 3 of them.
    Not sure what Kind of bike I will buy, Likely rent a few before I buy. I'm not sold on the whole Harley thing, but all my friends have cruisers so it might be a drag if I'm rolling a KTM :rollside:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast