Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NW Boaters: What Lake for NewYears day??

1978 Rogers
    I woke up to that nasty wind this morning. :skull:
    Sorry to hear something you ate last night didn't agree with you.
    I've got a sinus cold. I wouldn't have gone out either way. I would have looked like Jim Carey from Dumb & Dumber, when he hops off the scooter. Not a pretty sight. Anyways who says we have to go out right away, maybe next weekend. :idea:

malcolm
    I think I'm just going to focus on my new engine for now. I got the cam and lifters, now the wife says I'm getting a timing chain for my B-day. That puts me pretty close to building this thing.

I think I'm just going to focus on my new engine for now. I got the cam and lifters, now the wife says I'm getting a timing chain for my B-day. That puts me pretty close to building this thing.
    That's what I like to hear

malcolm
    Yep, mee too! :rollside:

Did you ever find some logs for the new motor?

malcolm
    I was in an eternal holding pattern for the set that n8dog guy had, but aparently he decided to keep them. Maybe I'll try to find some t/t headers.

Tahiti350
    Chris,
    If the weather is decent this weekend I may go out on Saturday. Have to work Sunday. Maybe have dinner at Porter's Place to appease the Domestic Goddess's afterwards?? :argue:
    I have to get it out and get it wet asap, as there is no stabilty in my job right now. Long trip starting to pop up to often to stay home :yuk:
    Malcom,
    Get'r done... we have lakes to terrorize.
    All,
    How about Lake Chelan this summer :idea: ?? Launch from the south end and trip up to Stehekin. I heard they have a Lodge there. I can check on cost and availability if anyone is interested..

Lake Chelan. One of our favorite places on earth but not a good lake for minimal freeboard boats. Seen many a boat have a scary time there.
    That wind comes up every afternoon like clock work and you'd think you were on the ocean.
    As much as I'd love to, our boat isn't set up for that one.
    Good thinking trying to get something organized now though Gary. Summer will be here before we know it (hope, hope)

malcolm
    I'm kinda thinkin about staying mostly on this side of the mountains this season. There's lots of neat places to check out around here without having to go 150+ miles over a mountain pass. Having said that, we'll still need a weekend at Moses.

That boat would look bitchin with a little salt splash on it Malcolm....... :idea:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast