Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NW Boaters: What Lake for NewYears day??

Tahiti350
    Okay then, how about the Riffe lake/Mossyrock lake area. Supposed to be really nice, not too far away, and several campgrounds... Located about 20 miles East of I-5 exit 68 on Hwy 12, or about 50 miles from Tacoma taking Hwy 7 south to Hwy 12.
    John,
    I'm not totally against a little salt spray, would just have to fresh water rinse the motor and drive (which I can do on a garden hose)

Hmmm, Riffe might be kinda nice.

1978 Rogers
    We'll be going to Chelan June 2 - 4, staying in my folks time share at Wapito Point.
    We'll be going to Lake Roosevelt 4th of July weekend, camping at River Rue by Keller Ferry. To us its worth the drive for MILES of lake and no one around. The 4th falls on Tuesday, so this will be a long weekend.
    Moses Lake is a definate. Should we let Vern pick the weekend or just tell him when we will show up. :rollside: We'll probably camp at Cascades Park.
    Mayfield lake or Riffe lake would be fun. Nice campgrounds and their both close drives from Puyallup.
    And of course the River. I have to make it up this year to Malcolm Country.

malcolm
    Never heard of it, but that may be it's charm.
    I think Alder is worth a second look also. Seems there was a campground over by the dam. :idea:
    And yes! The river! The water highway is waiting for us!!!

1978 Rogers
    Alder has a nice campground and they have docks that the boats could be tied up to. Riffe & Mayfield are a little further south past Elbe & Morton. This is the ways we'd go, not down I-5.
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...te=Wa&zipcode=

malcolm
    Looks like we'd have a good seat to watch the mountain rumble. :crossx:

1978 Rogers
    Looks like we'd have a good seat to watch the mountain rumble. :crossx:
    Yes, and no place to go. What to do with 5 min left on the clock? If that. hmmmm.

Konabud
    I was talking with a new jetboat friend about a Riffe / Mayfield trip. He says that there is a river between the two and you can run from Mayfield clear up to the Riffe dam. Sounds pretty cool. :idea:

1978 Rogers
    Hard at work again? Me too. Yeah, you drive across a bridge over part of the canyon. Nice emarld green water. Riffe is huge. I bet it can get choppy when the wind picks up.

Konabud
    Somebody's got to do it! (work hard or hardly work? I can never get that straight) Last time I was on Riffe there were whitecaps in the middle so we just stayed on the outsides!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast