Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NW Boaters: What Lake for NewYears day??

El Prosecutor
    any day on the water is a good day, right??
    Well said, and what a beautiful day by the pics! Really makes me want to hurry up and get finished with my rebuild and get out on the water, even in January.

malcolm
    I'm not jerking your chain Gary. I really don't expect to pass 60, even with the 455. It would be nice if I was wrong though. Most 455 powered Spectras topped out around 55-58 if I remember correctly.
    Looks chilly! Were was that? I started videoing you at Blue last year, but it was after your run around the lake. I just got you idling in.
    How heavy is your hull? The Spectra 18s were published to be around 2050 lbs with the engine. Add to that a bunch of waterlogged plywood (seats) and you have a recipe for low numbers. :boxed:

Tahiti350
    Malcom,
    Those were taken at Spanaway, long enough for about a 45 second run, just enough time to get on plane and play with the trim a little, then back out and turn left. It was nice out, 55* +, and no wind. Today looks even better, but I'm the designated kid watcher :cry: . Would really like to go out again today adn play with timing and trim adn see if I could pick it up a little more.
    Not sure what the Tahiti weights, I suppose I need to run it over the scales and see. I can have it off the trailer (carport hanger) in about 15 minutes, now that I know how to support it.
    I could probably pick up a fair amount of speed by working the bottom, it's got several bubblegum type patches on it that could/should be reworked. I just don't feel like pulling th emotor and drive right now, too much else going on. I do need to rework my stringer mounts though, so who knows?

Captain Assin' Off
    What is it, 6;00 ish on Sat Eve? I just got the engine pulled on the Hondo. I'll get into the jet tomorrow. I'll be blown this year, and I can't wait! Malcolm is O.K. with selling me the spare intake for his boat, so with a bearing kit, and a bronze or S.S. impeller I'll be good to go. Man we're busy! There isn't a moment to spare, it's W.O.T. all day long. I'm just driving that "96 Trans Am to work, the Corvette swap won't happen 'till next year at this pace. Is anyone looking to hit Potholes this year? We got our confirmations for Memorial/Labor and we're not sure how to answer. I'm with you guys on staying around this side of the mountains, as time off this summer will be limited for me this summer. Chris, how's your new addition? And to the other Chris, how's things going? Wow I've got to go have Kim massage the wrinkles out of my....er, uhh forehead for a while! See you guys!..Be Safe! Thanks Malcolm!... :skull:

I'll be blown this year,
    Uh Oh!
    Matt is raising the bar way up there for the rest of us. Damn, I'm jealous. :cry:
    I got the pump back together and buttoned up today. Also pulled the carb off today to clean and freshen it up a bit and we should be good to go. I may pull the motor and drop the pan just for giggles but other than that it's ready
    I don't think a Pothole run is in the cards for us this year but you can count us in on some weekend shots at the river or lakes.
    Good luck with the projects Matt.

Tahiti350
    Not sure about Potholes either, would like to get to Moses at least once, but not sure when. Will probably just stay at the hotel just up from Vern's if we do go over, proably about the same cost as dragging the portable house and having to run 2 rigs to get there. :yuk:
    When is the majority headed over to Moses??

malcolm
    I usually let Vern help decide when the best dates are. Some weekends can be pretty busy over there. I know I have to stay clear of June 24th this year. My buddy was really disappointed that I chose my boat over his birthday last year.

Captain Assin' Off
    No doubt about it, Vern's place rocks. Not to mention Vern and Kim Rock as hosts, as well as their neighbors. The only drawback to Moses is the drinking on the beach rules, but we can drink @ Verns' I guess, and stay at one of the motels. The water quality of Moses last time was algeaed up, and the water @ Potholes was great. Plus no cops. I'll not bitch, if Vern will have me back after last years' performance... :220v:

Tahiti350
    Oh Vern...
    Are you listening?? :crossx:

malcolm
    He's out there somewhere.....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast