Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 27 Sabrecat owners

Supultlbich
    We are in the process of selling our 24 NuEra and are leaning toward the 27 Sabrecat, with the walk through set up. Just looking for some feedback on the ride, wind, storage, ect. Definetly staying with Lavey, just considering the different configurations. We have two children under the age of three and that plays into it. Thakns, Sean.

Kilrtoy
    We would go with the closed bow. More storage room place for the kids to get out of the sun and from what I have been told, cats ride better in the closed bow version.

Supultlbich
    Thats interesting, does that have something to do with weight distibution as it relates to the ride?

Creator
    We don't own one but have ridden in them sevral times at mead during the regattas. Great riding boat, very comfortable and very roomy for a cat. It is written up in powerboat this month as one of the 15 for under 80k. It came out as the fastest boat in the test. It ran 75.4 on gps with a 496ho.

Goodtime$
    Bagging the boat is awesome, saves weight and runs hard with mild power. The #1 consideration in a family open bow is make sure the open bow seating is safe and deep. No one will argue that Lavey builds one of the nicest West Coast Boats.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...2Orion_Bow.jpg

Boozer
    Thats interesting, does that have something to do with weight distibution as it relates to the ride?
    I'd like to know more about this as well. I've always preffered open bow to closed bow because of the additional seating. On big family outtings we cram 7-8 people on board and the additional seating provided by the open bow really comes in handy. I preffer the look of a closed bow but the practicality of the open bow has always made it worth for me.

phebus
    The added weight of an open bow will cut your speed by 1-2 mph I have heard. Unless your going for a real high performance setup, I would prefer function of the open bow over the small speed loss. It's nice to be able to get the little one's, and their friends out of the cockpit with you at times.

SDLifesaver
    It has been my experience as a Howard owner that I don't know anything about Lavey Craft. That Lavey Sabre is a good looking boat. I don't think I have ever seen an open bow model. My suggestion would be go ride in it and make your opinions based on that.

LAVEYSABRE575
    Open bow adds about 300 lbs. to front Ill be out in havasu this wkend. if you want a ride. I also know were theres a really nice used one for sale pm me if you need info on it ....derek

Supultlbich
    Open bow adds about 300 lbs. to front Ill be out in havasu this wkend. if you want a ride. I also know were theres a really nice used one for sale pm me if you need info on it ....derek
    Thanks for the offer, but no can do this weekend. I know the only true test is to actualy ride in and drive the boat itself, but folks here tend not to be to far off with their evaluations. Jeff is setting something up for us as we speak, so time will tell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast