Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: how do I beat this ticket?????

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I got a ticket this evening for loud music. He said it was too loud and they inforce the law by the college. I was on my way home and the bast*rd pulled me over and wrote me up! The lame part about it......It was only 6pm! It wasnt late and there wasnt much traffic. Any ideas???

Boozer
    I got a ticket this evening for loud music. He said it was too loud and they inforce the law by the college. I was on my way home and the bast*rd pulled me over and wrote me up! The lame part about it......It was only 6pm! It wasnt late and there wasnt much traffic. Any ideas???
    Does the cop have any evidence to physically prove beyond a reasonable doubt that your vehicle's audio system is capable of being to loud?
    A few of my friends have been popped for this and the charge was for "amplified stereo equipment." I pulled their systems out and put the factory units back in. When they'd go for their hearring they'd get the DA to accompany them to their vehicle and show that the vehicle is equipped with the factory audio system. With no proof or evidence otherwise the charges were always dropped.
    How much is the ticket and is it considered a misdemeanor offense? I don't know how California law is but in Colorado the charge is considered a misdemeanor and can actually go onto your record as a criminal offense. If it's just a simple $60 ticket I'd just pay the $60 an move on. If its criminal then I'd pull the system and go from there.

phebus
    When you go to court, tell them you have a hearing disorder, and need someone who does sign language in the courtroom for you. Then, when they tell you your music was too loud, it will all make sense. :hammer2:

Kachina26
    You'd still lose. It's like running a stop sign. The cop's proof is his word on the sworn affadavit (the ticket).
    Yup, because cops never lie. Just ask Rafael Perez

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Removing 8 10's and 4 sub amps would be too much work! I use to postpone the date like 3 times so the cop doesnt show up and it would be dismissd. Thats what I used to do when I was younger. I havent got a ticket like that in 7 years! I was so damn mad I wanted to punch him but then it would have turned out really bad so I just mumbled to myself Really though, what harm am I doing with my music???? I wasnt parked, I was driving Just to think, dont they have better things to do???

Kilrtoy
    Removing 8 10's and 4 sub amps would be too much work! I use to postpone the date like 3 times so the cop doesnt show up and it would be dismissd. Thats what I used to do when I was younger. I havent got a ticket like that in 7 years! I was so damn mad I wanted to punch him but then it would have turned out really bad so I just mumbled to myself Really though, what harm am I doing with my music???? I wasnt parked, I was driving Just to think, dont they have better things to do???
    Are you serious, because you broke the law and the cop who was doing his job, gave you a ticket , you wanted to physically hurt him......WOW

Moneypitt
    What type music were you playing? I know I get stuck in traffic next to some dildo that thinks everyone in the world wants to hear his music and I'm wishing for a cop like the one that got you. In Cal they can impound your vehicle if the sound can be heard something like 15 feet from the vehicle. With the system you've mentioned I'm sure it is easily against the law and it was only a matter of time until some cop decided to enforce the law.......MP

Squirtin Thunder
    I would just pull the amp out !!! Simple and easy !!!
    If I can hear your stereo over my engine I am too damn old !!!

Kachina26
    That's not the point. When was the last time you got out of a ticket where the only proof is the cop's word? I never have.
    The point is, realistically, you're not going to win. I'm a realist, I don't live in the fantasy world where I remove my entire stereo system to go into court and perjure myself in order to avoid the punishment I deserved in the first place.
    I was only having fun, the RP's of the world are few and far between. ( I hope)

UtlGoa
    27007. No driver of a vehicle shall operate, or permit the
    operation of, any sound amplification system which can be heard
    outside the vehicle from 50 or more feet when the vehicle is being
    operated upon a highway, unless that system is being operated to
    request assistance or warn of a hazardous situation.
    I can bet it was the BOOOMMMM BOOOMMMMM crap that got you the ticket. Good luck fighting it, you'll loose. Just pay the fine. It dosent matter if you were driving or parked.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast