Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help...your brain in needed

a catered life
    back in the mid to late 80's i was deep in the car audio world but i see things have changed so many companies have bought out others i dont know who's crap anymore so here what i'm doing i'm looking to do some upgrades to truck system and boat and was looking to stretch the dollar as far as i can...i'm not a flashy guy dont buy brands because of the name but more for the value,usage and reliability......i would like to get into the satalite radio stuff....i want a indash dvd player(indash monitor optional), looking for some new amps and speakers...
    1.so my question what the difference between the two major satalite systems?
    2. what are the better amps (bang for the buck) and who should i stay away from?
    3. what is the better in dash radio's (some with bells and whistles)?
    4. and for bass who has the better woofer?
    5. and for highs who has the better speakers?
    6. and for mids who has the better speakers?
    7. what is the difference between the different monitors? :idea:
    like i said your brain is needed

riverbound
    I wont post my opinions as to what I would recommend because it will turn into pages and pages of trash talking.
    My recommendation would be to find a shop you feel very comfortable with and take thier advice. If you find the right shop they wont steer you wrong.
    Good luck.

a catered life
    dam wtf are u 2 boyfriends or what i read another thread where u 2 were going back and fourth i just trying to get some dam info and maybe work with a board member :notam:

Havasu Hangin'
    It's not me, it's Havasu Hangin'. Get your facts straight before you start bashing me.
    Don't get me involved in this. :notam:

phebus
    Pretty sure it's just a RF thing.

Havasu Hangin'
    Pretty sure it's just a RF thing.
    Jeeze...a guy can't even state his opinion here without the whiners coming out...

boxscore
    One time... HH sold me some of his used Rockford gear.

1stepcloser
    1.so my question what the difference between the two major satalite systems?Not a whole lot. Go to each companes webiste and review the channel line ups, thats the major difference.
    2. what are the better amps (bang for the buck) and who should i stay away from?
    This is where it will get into a bashing.
    I personally use Rockford Fosgate in the boat, and something a bit more exotic it my truck. HH and Rivercrazy will recommend JBL.
    3. what is the better in dash radio's (some with bells and whistles)?I use a Kenwood in the boat, and Pioneer in the truck. Both are very reliable units.
    4. and for bass who has the better woofer?
    I use Boston Acoustic Pro series in the boat and truck, love them. Others will recommend Infinity perfect.
    5. and for highs who has the better speakers?
    Again, I use B/A pro series in the boat, went with Z series in the truck.
    Recommendations will include Infinity, MB Quart, Etc.
    6. and for mids who has the better speakers?Same as the above question.
    7. what is the difference between the different monitors? :idea:
    Sharpness, quality, and cost.
    I would suggest visiting a few different places, bring a disc with you, and play it. The differences will be clear. (no pun intended)

1stepcloser
    I wont post my opinions as to what I would recommend because it will turn into pages and pages of trash talking.
    Chicken.

a catered life
    Not a whole lot. Go to each companes webiste and review the channel line ups, thats the major difference.
    This is where it will get into a bashing.
    I personally use Rockford Fosgate in the boat, and something a bit more exotic it my truck. HH and Rivercrazy will recommend JBL.
    I use a Kenwood in the boat, and Pioneer in the truck. Both are very reliable units.
    I use Boston Acoustic Pro series in the boat and truck, love them. Others will recommend Infinity perfect.
    Again, I use B/A pro series in the boat, went te Z series in the truck.
    Recommendations will include Infinity, MB Quart, Etc.
    Same as the above question.
    Sharpness, quality, and cost.
    I would suggest visiting a few different places, bring a disc with you, and play it. The differences will be clear. (no pun intended)
    hey thanks for your 2 cents closer it helps a lot ...it seems to me that the same companies that ruled 15 years ago are still a force in the industry i have always likes rf and they seem to have lowered their prices over the past 5 years ...i agree with your speaker selections i have had ba pro series in my other car for 3-4 years now and they still sound as crisp as the day i did the install

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast