Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need a 2.9L Ford Ranger motor

djunkie
    My little work truck needs a new motor. Its a 2.9L V-6. Anyone know of a reputable place to get a rebuilt long block. I'm gonna do the R&R myself. Just need the motor. I'm in the Los Angeles area.

NOTALENT
    My little work truck needs a new motor. Its a 2.9L V-6. Anyone know of a reputable place to get a rebuilt long block. I'm gonna do the R&R myself. Just need the motor. I'm in the Los Angeles area.
    whats the year??? I work @ ATK Engines..Senior Sales Manager...I can see what I can do....also what about a reconditioned long block???
    and it might help if u got that gun out of my face!!!

Squirtin Thunder
    Go to Kragens !!!
    Put a 302 in it they weigh about the same, and the 302 will get better milage !!!

76ANTHONY
    GO ATK, THEY ARE GOOD AND NOT TOO EXSPENSIVE, and they last, i used to use them whem i worked for the dealership out here....your putting it in, uh-oh.....

NOTALENT
    Go to Kragens !!!
    Put a 302 in it they weigh about the same, and the 302 will get better milage !!!
    True that.... and Kragen buys through us.... :rollside: so you will get a good motor.. if you do though...make sure its a surefire...and u can upgrade there wty as well...

djunkie
    whats the year??? I work @ ATK Engines..Senior Sales Manager...I can see what I can do....also what about a reconditioned long block???
    and it might help if u got that gun out of my face!!!
    Just duck!!!! :rollside: The truck is a 1990. The motor that is in it now has a ton of miles. Still runs like a champ but its got water in the oil. Kinda thinking its an intake leak. Figured it would be a good time to swap it out. I'm up for all options if theres a warranty. Would prefer rebuilt though. Thanks

djunkie
    Go to Kragens !!!
    If lived in AZ. it would already be done. Had a friend with a nice Procharged 5.0 Mustang motor. We were very close to doing it.

djunkie
    GO ATK, THEY ARE GOOD AND NOT TOO EXSPENSIVE, and they last, i used to use them whem i worked for the dealership out here....your putting it in, uh-oh.....
    Yes I'm putting it in. I'm a mechanic you know.

76ANTHONY
    Yes I'm putting it in. I'm a mechanic you know.
    yeah

djunkie
    yeah
    Uh yeah I am actually. Jut gave it up for this other gig. :hammerhea :crossx:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast