Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buy more Trident Boats.

KACHINA KEN
    That is all. Slots 4 and 5 are wide open, get em.

Froggystyle
    LMAO!!!!
    He's right though. Three is getting laminated tomorrow...
    Gotta make space!

RiverToysJas
    I thought the first 20+ have already been sold? Meaning deposits are down.
    RTJas

Froggystyle
    I thought the first 20+ have already been sold? Meaning deposits are down.
    RTJas
    I haven't taken any deposits whatsoever. With the changing timeline of the development process, a deposit would be an unneccessary guarantee for me.
    We are planning on selling only through dealers. The first 20+ boats are chosen and loosely divied up, but the first five are being sold from the factory for servicing, follow up, profit margin and end-of-development reasons. I want a hand on the first ones out the door, and until we get dealers trained up and 100% ready to deliver boats and service them, we need to shepherd the process initially.
    Which means of course, I have got some boats to sell.

Bryan Rose
    I haven't taken any deposits whatsoever. With the changing timeline of the development process, a deposit would be an unneccessary guarantee for me.
    We are planning on selling only through dealers. The first 20+ boats are chosen and loosely divied up, but the first five are being sold from the factory for servicing, follow up, profit margin and end-of-development reasons. I want a hand on the first ones out the door, and until we get dealers trained up and 100% ready to deliver boats and service them, we need to shepherd the process initially.
    Which means of course, I have got some boats to sell.
    Looks like a nice boat........................ but again the hype is way up there. I have heard through the grapevine a long time ago " better get in line they are going to go fast , the first 20 are sold with deposits already so it will be at least a year before you can get one...."
    Now I know I am going to get slammed on this but I am not the only one who has heard this or that feels the same way, nice product but way too much hype.
    So Wes what's the real deal?
    Bryan the guy wearing a fire suit
    ?So Wes what's the real deal

Froggystyle
    Nobody EVER said there was deposits. I have been adamant about not taking them until we knew when and how much we could deliver for. A very nice couple actually picked the gel colors and had financing arranged for #2. That was the one with the Blosdale long block in it. Well, as the price climbed and we closed on completion, they were unfortunately priced out of the deal. That is the way the ball bounces.
    Remember, three years ago, we were trying to keep the retail price of the boat under $100K. Now, I have that into cost of goods. If I had taken deposits on these boats, what would I have used for a price? Something to think about.
    Additionally, buyers come and go with a development schedule this long. People who were ready to deposit and write checks two years ago have long since bought their new boats. Several are right here on this forum. Three paid far more for their new boats than they would for a Trident.
    Even at the dealer level, we are doing only COD. No deposit required. But, payment in full is expected at the time of delivery.
    Unless someone is building an ugly boat, there really isn't a need for the deposit. It hardly offsets any costs, and we are currently not having an interest problem through the dealers. Our decision to sell the first offering has everything to do with service and development. Period.

hbpdub
    Gum, anyone????

Froggystyle
    ... nice product but way too much hype.
    You should come see for yourself. Decide then how much is hype, how much is industry re-defining.

Bryan Rose
    You should come see for yourself. Decide then how much is hype, how much is industry re-defining.
    I am not slamming the boat or you for that matter. I have yet to see real world test of your product, detailed photos , performance data, sea keeping ability etc....until that happens it is all hype. This has been so hyped it is not even funny. As far as seing it for myself , next time I am in Ca. I will hopefully be able to see it for myself. I am out there 4 times a year and have a trip coming up in Jan or Feb. I hope you will oblige me and give me a tour of the operation. I am not doubting your product or you Wes but I would really like to see it with out all the cloak and dagger shit going on, marketing is one thing but come on man what the hell.
    I really like the product ....nice looking boat , but for over 100 grand back it up with the data. who is going to drop that kind of coin on something that is not tested and proven......
    Like I said , I am an east coast guy , not part of the SoCal click on this board, I do however speak my mind and I think I am not alone on this.....Any one?
    Nice job so far, good looking boat but start backing it up

dicudmore
    I am not slamming the boat or you for that matter. I have yet to see real world test of your product, detailed photos , performance data, sea keeping ability etc....until that happens it is all hype. This has been so hyped it is not even funny. As far as seing it for myself , next time I am in Ca. I will hopefully be able to see it for myself. I am out there 4 times a year and have a trip coming up in Jan or Feb. I hope you will oblige me and give me a tour of the operation. I am not doubting your product or you Wes but I would really like to see it with out all the cloak and dagger shit going on, marketing is one thing but come on man what the hell.
    I really like the product ....nice looking boat , but for over 100 grand back it up with the data. who is going to drop that kind of coin on something that is not tested and proven......
    Like I said , I am an east coast guy , not part of the SoCal click on this board, I do however speak my mind and I think I am not alone on this.....Any one?
    Nice job so far, good looking boat but start backing it up
    True Bryan... I will have some "business" to attend to in El Cajon soon enough...Maybe I can talk Wes into a tour/ride and offer more feedback :wink:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast